A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worried I could have cervical cancer :(

Quote Originally Posted by Worriedgirl92 View Post
    So your precancer had nothing to do with HPV then since you are HPV negative. I did read online that not all cervical cancers are caused by hpv allthough its rare. What stage cancer were you in when diagnosed? Im assuming it wasnt very advanced because they say symptoms usually only kick in when it advances and that is what I am afraid of. Im so young and havent even had kids or anything. I am sorry to hear about your roller coaster ride. No body deserves or should have to go through this awful disease.
    exactly... MY precancerous dysplasia was not HPV related. Not everyone is the same...and most cervical cancer is now considered related to HPV. HPV is also being considered a more important screening and testing high risk.

I did not have cancer at first.... it was only dysplasia. It is when pre cancerous cells become more aggressive they are classed as cancer. My particular cancer is called cervical adenocarcinoma. It was caught before there was "cancer" and being heavenly tested for when the change did happen. It moved from stage 1 to 3 so fast it made their heads spin.

I am 15 years out now from the last battle...... i am not dead, but still not quite out of the woods. I have HPV-anal dysplasia which they are telling me is related to the cervical cancer.

get checked hun... and do not wait. Make sure you get your pap test ever single year.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Newbie Regular User
    Im sorry to hear what you have gone through and what fears you may be experiencing now as well. Yes I am going to go get checked out this week although I have no hope. Between the lethargy, back pain, irregular bleeding after penetration and frequent bathroom breaks its not looking good for me at all. How long did it take for you to progress from stage 1 tostage 3? Im assuming you had a hhysterectomy and chemo and radiation treatment after that. Sex is so deadly and quite frankly right about now I am wishing I had stayed a virgin so I would not be going through this. The thing is I originally went to my gyno around 3 weeks ago but that very damn day I had gotten my period she couldnt see anything because of the blood. But she told me that she does not see me having full nlown cervical cancer after a clean pap a year ago. So I am going to go in this week but after all these horror stories Ive seen and read I have no hope of coming out of this as my symptoms just being related to something as simple as an infection :/

Well, you certainly have yourself dead and buried. This is a result of googling. Dr google always leads to worst case scenarios. I suggest you stop it now, try and distract yourself until your appointment.
    My bey is that you will be able to report that you have something that is far less serious than cancer. Most who come here convinced they have cancer do not and all that energy wasted for nothing.
    Good luck and if ever you are diagnosed with a cancer we will be here for you. We have given you all the advice that we can at this time.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

Newbie Regular User
    Thank you Didee I appreciate greatly. I hope that you are right

Newbie Regular User
    By the way I forgot to mention a month ago I had a abdomen/pelvic sonogram done due to a cyst on my right ovary that my local hospital found coincidently in a cat scan of my pelvic region back in March of 2014 . My results from the abdominl and pelvic sonogram were normal and showed no signs of abnormality. If I had some advanced form of cervical cancer would the pelvic ultrasound have picked it up?

My thoughts would be that something would show up should there be something to show. I am not a Dr though and my advice is worth what you paid for it..nothing. These questions should be addressed to the gyno you will see. Write everything down, symptoms, timeline and any questions you have so nothing of importance will be missed at the appointment.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

Im sorry to hear what you have gone through and what fears you may be experiencing now as well. Yes I am going to go get checked out this week although I have no hope. Between the lethargy, back pain, irregular bleeding after penetration and frequent bathroom breaks its not looking good for me at all. How long did it take for you to progress from stage 1 tostage 3? Im assuming you had a hhysterectomy and chemo and radiation treatment after that. Sex is so deadly and quite frankly right about now I am wishing I had stayed a virgin so I would not be going through this. The thing is I originally went to my gyno around 3 weeks ago but that very damn day I had gotten my period she couldnt see anything because of the blood. But she told me that she does not see me having full nlown cervical cancer after a clean pap a year ago. So I am going to go in this week but after all these horror stories Ive seen and read I have no hope of coming out of this as my symptoms just being related to something as simple as an infection :/

oh i am pretty darn sure its just an infection. You are just scared and have worked yourself into a lather.

yes...ive been cored like an apple.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Newbie Regular User
    I really do hope its just an infection of some sort. But I highly doubt it. I guess Ill have to wait and see what happens. By the way if god forbid it does come back that it is cancer, what kind of bloodwork will they run?

I really do hope its just an infection of some sort. But I highly doubt it. I guess Ill have to wait and see what happens. By the way if god forbid it does come back that it is cancer, what kind of bloodwork will they run?
    sadly, yes, you will have to just wait. The only way to know for sure is seeing the doctor and going on what they tell you.

At this point hun you should try and just relax and not worry about all of the what if's. Hang in there hun.

Only I will remain.

Newbie Regular User
    I am probably going to make the appointment for this Thursday latest by Monday coming up cuz my gyno is busy but ugh its like killing me not knowing. I think my glands are swelling too down there as well making me think it has to be cancer if not that a very severe serious infection.