A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Car Accident

Regular User

Car Accident

Hello to all, I hope all your New Years was pretty good.
    I was in Iowa helping my mom with ear surgery,So I stayed one week after to.. My husband came in last friday night to pick me up and we were going to stay in Iowa till Sunday and come back home to Ill.
    We had gone to my other brothers house for a visit and was leaving there about 12:40 am when out out the blue a car ran the stop and T-Boned our Truck. I have a 1 ton Dodge Ram Dully, But she hit us so hard that it threw us to a spin and then into a retaining brick wall.
    Well I got banged up and my New Implant in No Longer in the spot it is suppose to be.It does hurt and I just went to see my PS yesturday. He said I have to wait 4 week before he can fix it,,, I guess the swelling??The SEATBELT had done all the damage on the RT implant..
    I have lower back pain along with other milder things, All I can say is thankgod I had A BIG Truck.
    Good Luck to all
    Hugs Tammy
    Tammy 43 yrs old ,Wife to Doug for 25 yrs
    Mom to two kids, Comp Hyst 1/90
    Ant, Post Fus 10/02,,Cerv Fus 8/03 Dx. Lob B/C 12/18/03 19 nod Neg Stge 2, ER Post. Mast lft w/expan, Rt Mast 6/03 imp. 11-03 Imp Finished .7/03 Arimidex 5 yrs.

Oh, Tammy, how awful.
    I am so glad your injuries are no worse than they are. You are so fortunate that you were not severe injured or killed. It must have been terrifying. Where in Iowa were you? My DH is originially from Charles City, in the northern part of the state. Weather was terrible in Iowa last week with the snow storm. I hope your plastic surgeon can repair the "damage" without difficulty. Gentle hugs, Lauri
    Diagnosed 4/11/1996
    Lumpectomy, 6 mm tumor
    Neg. nodes
    ER/PR+
    33 rads
    Tamoxifen, 5 yrs.
    NED

Experienced User
    Hi tammy,
    Wow that must sure have been frightening. Like you said, good thing you had a big truck. Hopefully you will be able to get the implant corrected and all will be well..I will keep my fingers crossed.
    Take care,
    Kristen

Senior User
    Dear Tammy,

I haven't been online much recently, but when I saw your thread title I was soooo concerned! I still am. Tammy, we're all just greatful that you and your family did not sustain life-threatening injuries. This is NOT to minimize the injuries you have or the terrible emotional experience you've been through. I'm just glad y'all are OK. Of course, so sorry about the implant but that is something they can fix.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted on your progress.

Hugs and thinking of you,

Margie

Hi Tammy,
    Like Margie, I've not been on in awhile, but saw your post and wanted to see how you were. I'm so glad that ya'll are o.k. and as much as I know you don't want any more surgery, thank God it's just to fix the implant and not to put you back together again.
    I wonder how some people get their driver's licenses.
    Again, glad you are o.k. and that you were wearing your seat belt.
    Hugs
    Nancy
    Nancy
    2/14/02 ILC 43 - 5.5 cm 9+/16 nodes
    Stage IIIA er/pr+ Her2-
    2/02 MRM
    FECx6 radsx33
    Tamoxifen - Arimidex (chemo induced menopause)
    4/03 SM w/bilat. recon.
    9/03 expanders removed
    5/04 repair reconst. disaster
    10/04 Actonel for bone/joint pain from Arimidex
    NED - 5 years
    3/07 Diabetes
    In memory of Kim 12/1/04

Regular User

ok

Hello ladies and thankyou for your concerns.
    Iam ok but pretty sore
    I have to go in and have my Rt Implant redone the first week in Feb, How sad I was all done and the twins looked Great.
    But due to the accident it threw one for a loop, LOL, But no really I have to have it put back in to the (Socket).
    Over all I am doing better everyday,
    Thankyou all for your love and wish's...

Love to you all,
    Tammy
    Tammy 43 yrs old ,Wife to Doug for 25 yrs
    Mom to two kids, Comp Hyst 1/90
    Ant, Post Fus 10/02,,Cerv Fus 8/03 Dx. Lob B/C 12/18/03 19 nod Neg Stge 2, ER Post. Mast lft w/expan, Rt Mast 6/03 imp. 11-03 Imp Finished .7/03 Arimidex 5 yrs.

LMAO Tammy,
    "The twins looked great". Somehow we can find humor in all this turmoil can't we and thank God for that.
    I'm sure you remember her from the old board, but Trish "bought her boob off e-bay and it looks great". Now I think it's safe to say, there's nothing you can't buy on e-bay.... LOL
    She had a good idea though. I've had a double mastectomy, so I'd had to find a set, but she paid $20 for 1 and they normally cost about $250.00 before insurance each if you go to a speciality store. I'm going shopping for boobs on e-bay myself........
    Nancy
    Nancy
    2/14/02 ILC 43 - 5.5 cm 9+/16 nodes
    Stage IIIA er/pr+ Her2-
    2/02 MRM
    FECx6 radsx33
    Tamoxifen - Arimidex (chemo induced menopause)
    4/03 SM w/bilat. recon.
    9/03 expanders removed
    5/04 repair reconst. disaster
    10/04 Actonel for bone/joint pain from Arimidex
    NED - 5 years
    3/07 Diabetes
    In memory of Kim 12/1/04