A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Just diagnosed and an emotional mess

Oh,I figured you would do it,Sandy. <smile> I know how much you both want children. And I know you will be sucessful. I'm so glad Riosgirl encouraged you to do this. She's pretty wonderful.
    His fight is over. How brave he was. 47 years of love.

Senior User
    Thanks Marian. I am managing my expectations as usual but I'd regret never giving it a try at least. We still have our sights on adoption too. Wishing you and Al the best.

Newbie New User
    Dear sandy dog,

I'm 32 years old and was just diagnosed with cervical cancer yesterday I am feeling a lot like you are, they are still unsure about having babies but it looks bleak. My husband and I have only been together for just under 3 years and I worry the same way that I'm taking something away from him.

Senior User
    Marian, I hope you see this since you asked for an update. Turns out, I'm not out of the woods quite yet. If my next lab results come back abnormal, I'll need a biopsy asap. I should hear from my doctor on Monday. I am trying not to worry but the thought of jumping back into this shakes me to the core. I've had the maximum lifetime dose of radiation to my pelvis so if my cancer returns, I'll need aggressive surgery. I've heard repeatedly that you can't cut away cancer so the idea terrifies me.. I keep thinking about the country music singer who recently passed from this cancer. She was cancer free for a year before it returned

Hi Sandy......
    What makes you think the labs will be abnormal? Have you been sick or having pain? When do you have your next labs?
    I know you are talking about Joey Feek, the wife of Rory Feek. But you aren't her,honey. You are Sandy. Apparently Joey's was really far along before it was caught. You have been extremely strong through this. Remember what I told you? God is always walking beside you. And I will always remember something POguy said to me. When you think you have no more strength, reach down and find some more. It's always there. Where did you hear cancer can't be cut away?
    Do you have faith in your dr.? Ask her/him about it. I well know how hard it is to wait and wonder. It's scary. My husband is very strong. His attitude is,if his cancer comes back, we will deal with it.
    You are strong too,Sandy. You are very young but you have traveled far with your courage. You have my email address. Write me and I can tell you some wonderful ways I was taught to deal with my anxiety. Hang in there, sweetie. I will check for your posts.

Senior User
    Thanks Marian, for your kind words and continued support. My last pet scan came back clean but labs were abnormal. Three months later, I had a follow up exam and we'll know the results on Monday. Oof. I haven't had any pain but then I didn't have pain before with the tumor. I guess the danger with living in denial after treatment is that if it comes back, it's harder to deal with. I just have a bad feeling in my gut and usually my gut instincts are right. Maybe I misunderstood my doctor but I thought he said before that unless the tumor is confined to a small area that is operable, cutting into it can be risky. I am praying that whatever the outcome, God may grant me peace. Marian, it helps knowing that you, your husband and son are all so strong and fighting on. I'll give an update on Monday. Thanks again for your kindness.

I'm always here for you,Sandy. Many prayers.

Senior User
    Unfortunately the results showed a low grade abnormality. Here we go again. I am getting biopsies done next week in the OR under sedation (my doctor recommended this as I am a nervous patient). Praying to the good Lord that the biopsies do not show cancer, otherwise I'll need "aggressive surgery", which my doctor wasn't willing to elaborate at this point. This is going to be a long and sleepless week.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Oh Sandy, sorry to here that once again, your worries are with possible merit. The only thing I can say is try to stay busy as you can so the time will pass more quickly until the biopsy is done. The waiting is so very hard but do know you have many here praying, keeping fingers crossed and thinking of you always.

Lisa

Senior User
    Thanks Lisa. Your kind words and support mean so much. I appreciate your prayers.