A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Just diagnosed and an emotional mess

Senior User
    Happiest of news- my biopsies came back negative! Hopefully this is the end of my story but I will stick around to support others with gyn. Cancers. Thanks to everyone who comforted and encouraged me along the way. So glad I found this forum.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Yeah Sandy!!! So happy to read this news. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I know it will help others that come along...

Today is a day to celebrate!

Lisa

Newbie New User
    sandydog, I saw your post and I am sorry you are so young going through this but don't torture yourself before you know anything. You sound very anxious and depressed to me. Talk to your doctor or someone about this. I am going through something similar with an ovary and waiting for test results. All sorts of things are going through my mind but I don't want anxiety and run away thoughts of the worst sort to steal happiness from today.
    As others have said, do some reading on the American Cancer Society's website about cervical cancer.
    We went through something similar a few years ago when my husband had prostate cancer. It was scary at first but they did catch it early, so we were very lucky. It was still scary though.
    I wish you the very best and hang in there!

Senior User
    Hi Deb, thanks for your kind words. You are right, I was depressed. I was prescribed antidepressants shortly after my first post and am still taking them. It's been almost a year since my diagnosis and half a year since treatment. I'm sorry that you may be facing a similar situation but I truly believe that if I could get through it, anyone can. Happy to say that as of now, I am cancer free (confirmed by my last biopsies). Feel free to message me anytime if you need support or just want to chat.