A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time is Precious

Quote Originally Posted by Didee View Post
    I love this. So pleased he is home. Maybe a sealed locket for you to wear with some ashes in it? (Yet another son thought)
    One of the things he wanted me to keep...was a gold weight in his left eye. He had a horrible case of shingles that paralyzed the left side of his face. He needed a weight implanted in the eye lid to help him close and blink the eye...

it was part of him....

i am taking it to my jeweler and having a commission piece done. I want it bezel set to hang on a necklace.... He will always be able ...to see me.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so lovely
    Aussie, age 59
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo or hap transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable. All I needed to hear. I am pumped and ready. BRING IT ON

Quote Originally Posted by Didee View Post
    Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so lovely

when its done...ill post a pic.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

I would LOVE to see it when done.
    Many hugs
    Aussie, age 59
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo or hap transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable. All I needed to hear. I am pumped and ready. BRING IT ON

Heya shaww

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner and pop in to say how sorry I am that you have lost your dear friend.

I have read your posts about being a carer and from what I read you were one great carer and even more so a fantastic friend.

Sorry for your loss, RIP Reese.

Trav.

PS - The necklace idea is an absolutely wonderful one. I have told my family I want my ashes put into jewelry for them to wear, necklaces, broaches or rings or whatever. I found a few places around that will do it all. Lovely idea.
    Cancer may take my life but not the smile off my face!

Diagnosed 25th July 2014: Non Small Cell Lung Cancer (right lung), Adenocarcinoma (Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma), T 1a N 3 M 1b Stage IV.

Fun with my therapy; http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...herapy-costume!

My journey; http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...from-downunder!

My awesome kids; http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...918#post254918

Quote Originally Posted by Trav L View Post
    Heya shaww

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner and pop in to say how sorry I am that you have lost your dear friend.

I have read your posts about being a carer and from what I read you were one great carer and even more so a fantastic friend.

Sorry for your loss, RIP Reese.

Trav.

PS - The necklace idea is an absolutely wonderful one. I have told my family I want my ashes put into jewelry for them to wear, necklaces, broaches or rings or whatever. I found a few places around that will do it all. Lovely idea.
    thank you. Death does not stop me from caring about him. Just as death will not stop the ones who love you from caring about you

it was an education for me googling cremation memorial jewelry...... who knew?

Only I will remain.

It was hot today.... so i decided to make BLT's.

Tomatoes... oh my did Reese love tomatoes. They had to be good tomatoes to make the grade though and heirloom's were his favorites. He scorned the hot house wet pink things as much as we did. He would always sneak a slice as i was cutting them and add a good dose of salt.

Bacon... what was not to love about .....bacon? Thick cut and apple wood smoked! I would cook it up, put it on a plate and place it on the table. He would always politely take 3 pieces.... and i knew he could eat the whole pound. He never said no when asked to finish what ever was left off.

Sandwiches.... were left whole and never cut in half.

BLT's were a simple pleasure for him...... always enjoyed and savored.

Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by shaww View Post
    thank you. Death does not stop me from caring about him. Just as death will not stop the ones who love you from caring about you

it was an education for me googling cremation memorial jewelry...... who knew?
    My sister in law suggested the jewelry idea and after I'd had a look around at what was available to be done I thought it was a beautiful idea and fortunately so did my Mrs and kids. They all want to have a part of me when the time comes.

Also, from what I posted above, I hope I didn't say the wrong thing using the past tense of you "were" a carer and friend, I'd hate to think I'd said the wrong thing and upset you. I could probably have reread what I posted and worded it better. You are so very right that death does not stop the caring and loving, nothing stops those feelings, ever.

Trav.

Diagnosed 25th July 2014: Non Small Cell Lung Cancer (right lung), Adenocarcinoma (Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma), T 1a N 3 M 1b Stage IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav L View Post
    My sister in law suggested the jewelry idea and after I'd had a look around at what was available to be done I thought it was a beautiful idea and fortunately so did my Mrs and kids. They all want to have a part of me when the time comes.

Also, from what I posted above, I hope I didn't say the wrong thing using the past tense of you "were" a carer and friend, I'd hate to think I'd said the wrong thing and upset you. I could probably have reread what I posted and worded it better. You are so very right that death does not stop the caring and loving, nothing stops those feelings, ever.

Trav.
    Hi Trav L

I like the idea too. I don't know, its a way to keep someone close to your heart...to your heart. I cant blame your family for wanting the same for you. Savor every single moment you have. ((((hugs)))

If i had unlimited funds i thought this was pretty cool
    http://www.lifegem.com/?gclid=CPmd6P...FQoLaQod1N4Ljw

No worries about speaking in the past tense.... because it is. That little blip does not however change how i feel about him..or how much i care about him.

Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by shaww View Post
    If i had unlimited funds i thought this was pretty cool
    http://www.lifegem.com/?gclid=CPmd6P...FQoLaQod1N4Ljw
    WOW!

Very cool and priced accordingly so.

If I had that sort of cash to splash around I'd probably consider them.

Still so very very cool though.

Trav.