A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Time is Precious

I swear he was a boy in a grown mans body.

Reese was 100% a spoon licker. If he could get the bowl and beaters too... he was even happier. He would get this childish glint in his eyes as he took the spoon.

Reese...would you like to lick the spoon? It was like a puppy bounding in with his tail all happily wagging. ohohohoh.....a SPOON!!!!! whatsonitwhatsonitwhatsonit.... cake?cookie?cheesecake?frosting...ohletitbefrostin g.... gimmygimmygimy!!!!!!
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by shaww View Post
    I swear he was a boy in a grown mans body.

Reese was 100% a spoon licker. If he could get the bowl and beaters too... he was even happier. He would get this childish glint in his eyes as he took the spoon.

Reese...would you like to lick the spoon? It was like a puppy bounding in with his tail all happily wagging. ohohohoh.....a SPOON!!!!! whatsonitwhatsonitwhatsonit.... cake?cookie?cheesecake?frosting...ohletitbefrostin g.... gimmygimmygimy!!!!!!
    HMMMMmmmm Good… well written, again!

(((hugs)))
    d

Quote Originally Posted by Doug K View Post
    HMMMMmmmm Good… well written, again!

(((hugs)))
    d
    i swear...we need that thanks button.

((((hugs)))))

how ya doing Doug?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by shaww View Post
    i swear...we need that thanks button.

((((hugs)))))

how ya doing Doug?

Well, first thanks for asking! Since it has been so long for me to get here to read your comment, I must be doing well. I am amazed, that here I am 16 months after finishing the last of my chemo treatments, and I am just now beginning to feel like my body is rebounding from activity more quickly, more like it did before all this C stuff. That's a long time, in my thinking. I am still very impatient with my neuropathy. But hey, I am playing golf… and doing most of what I want to do, so, no complaining here!

I think about you often… and know that this grieving thing is long, long term. I know too, that it is something to experience, that is, you don't "get over it," it is what it is, and everyone, everyone has their unique experience. I think all that can be said has been said, but I do wish there were more that one could do for you.

Yes… a "Thank you" button would be nice…. You have helped me too. Thanks!

doug

Hey, you. What's up. I have been in MA, visiting the gbabies… wow. What great kids! It is what this thing of living a life is all about… they are so excited about being alive.. makes me so glad I am here!

It does, life does keep on going on… how are you, my friend? I am thinking about you even when I am not here.

doug
    MyJourney:
    August 2004 Colonoscopy Clear
    June-July 2013 Abdominal Discomfort Upper Abdomen X-ray, UltraSound, CTScan all clear
    August 23, 2013 Diagnosed 5cm tumor on rectum wall: adenocarcinoma @age 66
    August-Sept2013 Met with Surgeon,Hematologist and Radiation oncologist
    Oct.-Nov.: Xeloda concurrent with radiation: 25 doses
    November CTScan, MRI and surgeon scoped: Tumor gone, scar tissue
    Jan.6, 2014 Surgery LAR: Rectum removed, sphincter remains: Pathology: no lymph node,
    Tumor downgraded from Possible T3 to T2.
    Feb. - April Chemo:5 FU and Oxilaplatin:6 infusions over 14 weeks
    Sept. 4, 2014 ColonoscopyClear,CT Clear
    Dec. 2014 Follow up BlWk good,CEA .9
    Mar.2015Follow up BlWk continues good, CEA .6
    June 2015 Follow up BlWk good, CEA .7
    Sept2015Followup BlWkgood CEA .7 CT ScanClear NED
    Dec2015SurgicalHerniaRepair surgery, recovering.
    Sept2016Followup BlWkGood CEA .7 CTScanClear NED
    Continue ColoRectal Support Group monthly.