A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Intestinal Cancer and Intestinal Inertia

Newbie New User

Intestinal Cancer and Intestinal Inertia

According to professionals cancer cells do not die but according to researchers there are foods that have cancer fighting properties in the immune system for white blood cells; do these foods help white blood cells kill off cancer cells? Other studies have shown that a compound called CBD helps kill off cancer cells.
    I have cancer and had a stabbing pain in my abdominal region caused by radiation. This is an issue because I cannot have a bowel movement, even with stool softeners and laxatives and I doubt fiber will help. I was wondering what happens to people who have gastric inertia. I know there must be a few options.

Option 1: I was wondering if the small intestine, large intestine, and/or colon could or would need to be transplanted.

Option 2: Could a person be given stem cell therapy without going through radiation to destroy cancer cells.

Option 3: Studies have shown that CBD helps kill off cancer cells, which normally never die off. Could my intestines and colon regain its strength with the use of CBD and foods which have cancer fighting properties.

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi

You forgot option 4

Option 4 : Arrange an appointment with a doctor to talk through your issues and seek qualified science based treatment that has been tested as being effective.

Good luck
    Age 60
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Always go with option 4 as it has the best chance of success.
    Aussie, age 59
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo or hap transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable. All I needed to hear. I am pumped and ready. BRING IT ON

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Millions of people claim millions of things. Do they have any verifiable facts or studies to back up what they say? Medicine does, as it is the most regulated (and sued) area of expertise on earth. Natural/organic/green sellers are under no such scrutiny. Sue them and they simply dissolve their small company and re-open under another name. You are dead and they are immune from scrutiny. CBD comes from marijuana, which currently has reached the level of a religion. But, where are the tests that conclusively identify CBD as being sufficiently anti-cancer to actually help? And, even more important: what does it hinder? It may even kill tens of thousands of certain cancer cells - but you need something that kills trillions of them - verified by scientific testing.
    07/08 Age 56 DX 1) Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma-Not Otherwise Specified. 50+ tumors with BMI
    08/08-12/08 Four cycles CHOEP14 + four cycles GND (Cyclofosfamide, Doxorubicin, Vincristine, Etoposide, Prednisone & Gemcitabine, Navelbine, Doxil)
    02/09 2) Relapse.
    03/09-06/13 Clinical trial of Romidepsin > long-term study. NED for 64 twenty-eight day cycles
    07/13 3) Relapse, 4) Suspected Mutation.
    08/13-02/14 Romidepsin increased, but stopped due to ineffectiveness. Watch & Wait.
    09/14 Relapse/Progression. Visible cervical nodes appear within 4 days of being checked clear.
    10/06/14 One cycle Belinostat. Discontinued to enter second clinical trial.
    10/25/14 Clinical trial of Alisertib/Failed.
    01/12/15 Belinostat resumed/Failed 02/23/15
    02/24/15 Pralatrexate/Failed 04/17/15
    04/15 Genomic profiling reveals mutation into PTCL-NOS + AngioImmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma. Two dozen tumors + small intestine (Ileum) involvement.
    04/22/15 TREC (Bendamustine, Etoposide, Carboplatin). Full response in two cycles. PET/CT both clear. Third cycle followed.
    06/15-07/15 Transplant preparation (X-rays, spinal taps, BMB, blood test, MUGA scan, lung function, CMV screening, C-Diff testing etc. etc. etc.) Intrathecal Methotrexate during spinal tap.
    BMB reveals 5) Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS), a type of bone marrow cancer.
    07/11-12/15 Cyclofosfamide + Fludarabine conditioning regimen.
    07/16/15 Total Body Irradiation.
    07/17/15 Haploidentical Allogeneic Transplant receiving my son's peripheral blood stem cells.
    07/21-22/15 Triple dose Cyclofosfamide + Mesna, followed by immunosuppressants Tacrolimus and Mycophenolate Mofetil.
    07/23-08/03/15 Blood nose dive. Fever. Hospitalized two weeks.
    08/04/15 Engraftment official - released from hospital.
    08/13/15 Marrow is 100% donor cells. Platelets climbing steadily, red cells follow.
    09/21/15 Acute skin GvHD arrives. DEXA scan reveals Osteoporosis.
    09/26/-11/03/15 Prednisone to control GvHD.
    05/2016 Tacrolimus stopped. Prednisone from 30-90mg daily tried. Sirolimus begun.
    09/16/16 Three skin punch biopsies.
    11/04/16 GvHD clinical trial of Ofatumumab (Arzerra) + Prednisone + Methylprednisolone begun.
    To date: 18 chemotherapeutic drugs in 9 regimens (4 of those drugs at least twice), + 4 immunosuppressant drugs.

I have been chosen to suffer, therefore, I am blessed. Knowing the redemptive value of suffering makes all the difference.

"What is faith? It is that which gives substance to our hopes, which convinces us of things we cannot see"
    - Hebrews 11:1