A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Glandular Involvement?

Newbie New User

Glandular Involvement?

Anyone have this listed on pathology report? My colposcopy included ecc and endometrial biopsy (she missed any endometrial tissue), and cervical biopsy. The pathology report says there's no endometrial tissue, and that the ecc and cervical tumor cells suggest squamous carcinoma with endocervical gland involvement.

My question is does this mean it's in my uterus? More specifically, only from my uterus. Are glandular cells normally in the cervix?

Has anyone had experience with this, and if so what were the results/outcome? Thanks so much in advance, for sharing. I'm struggling to find much literature on it.

Thank you!!!

Senior User
    Hi Mom to Madi, my understanding is that there are squamous and glandular cells in different parts of the cervix. Not sure if this is allowed but here is a link to a website that clearly explains the two types: http://www.thinprep.com/info/cervica...al_cancer.html

Do you have a doctor you trust? Before you do too much research online, I suggest you talk to a doctor. Write down a list of questions. If you don't understand the explanation or a medical term, ask for clarification. My doctor would write down the names of procedures and medicines so I could read up on them later if I wanted. Another poster here suggested recording the doctor's explanation with his/her permission. Everyone deals with this differently but I actually found that it was better for me to put my faith in my doctors and avoid researching things at home.

Newbie New User
    Thank you! I have been pretty good about staying away from Google ��

I am very new to my doctor, my first visit was pap, second was colposcopy, and on my third visit she told me I had cancer. So, I'm just getting to know her. I do like her, and she was extremely kind and helpful. After the cone biopsy, I'll be seeing an oncologist, so I'm sure I'll be more informed at that point.

Senior User
    Sorry for the late reply. That's exactly how it was with me and my new gynecologist. I haven't seen her since the diagnosis but she referred me to my oncologist who turned out to be amazing so I'm grateful to her. When do you see your oncologist? I know this part of the forum isn't too active but I'll keep checking for updates and hopefully others will chime in with words of encouragement.