A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Sorry to hear this. Has a better type of imaging been considered?

Regular User
    Hello dhe1652. I just ran across this thread. I had my TT for Thyroid cancer in June of 2015. I had a super good result and didn't need RAI. I am closing in on four years cancer free. Thyroid hormone replacement has been on ongoing challenge but I am getting along ok. I wanted to talk about your concern with reoccurrence. TSH really has no bearing on reoccurrence other than suppression. Which I assume is what you mean. What is your tumor marker say? Is it still low? My TSH went up too higher and my doc raised my dosage. He also told me to start chewing up my pill. I know that sounds odd, but sometimes if you have bad absorption in your gut of anything, the pill won't go into your bloodstream correctly. Chewing the pill really isn't bad taste and it helped me. I am currently going through testing on my breasts due to some symptoms. So I am heading down that path again. Hopefully I will skip it this time. Feel free to reach out about your thyroid journey. Also, there is a great website called thyca.org that has some very specific thyroid cancer related stuff if you need any assistance on meds and dosage.