Diagnosed with stage 2c papillary serous cystadenoma borderline malignancy of the ovary in 2009. Hysterectomy, omenectomy, appendectomy, debulking.
- 2010 - laparoscopy showed inoperable recurrence, so started chemo.
- Frontline chemo - carboplatin and cyclophosphamide, six cycles
- Additional chemo regimens: Avastin - ten cycles; Weekly Topotecan - 4 cycles.
- Spring 2012 developed pleural nodules. Topotecan plus Avastin - 1year.
- April, 2014, had surgery to remove Aspergillus infection from right lung.
- September, 2015, started on Megace because my tumors are PR positive. Stopped Megace after three months.
- September, 2016, hospitalized for shortness of breath and back pain.
- September, 2016, respiratory failure reversed with prednisone. Maintaining on 50 mg Prednisone per day and supplemental O2.
- October, 2016 left hospital with no supplemental oxygen. Feeling great! Will start tapering off the prednisone Oct. 10.