A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Anywhere reputable to buy Cannabis Oil?

Newbie New User

Anywhere reputable to buy Cannabis Oil?

Evening All,

My father was recently diagnosed with terminal, inoperable pancreatic cancer (metastasised to his liver), and given only a couple of months to live. It's all happened so swiftly that myself and my siblings are frantically researching whether any treatments might be complimentary to his forthcoming chemotherapy (which the oncologist told me privately is unlikely to have any benefit, beyond offering a psychological crutch to my father).

From my scant reading, Cannabis Oil seems promising -- Dr Wai Liu from St Georges University London (who refused to contribute to the controversial 'Project Storm' documentary, fearing it would be too pro Cannabis Oil) is on record as suggesting that, based upon his ongoing research into Cannabis Oil, it very likely does have a positive effect in certain cases.

My question: lots of people talk about Cannabis Oil, on these forums and elsewhere. But where are people buying it? Surely not everybody is going all 'Breaking Bad', manufacturing it themselves? I'll gladly purchase it, but forums and articles are awash with warnings about charlatans selling bogus product.

Mods: in case this is a legally inappropriate question to ask, I'm happy to take my replies by private message?

All advice, warmly appreciated,
    Dub

Welcome back and sorry to hear about your father.

A couple of suggestions for you:
    • Read through the pancreatic forum posts. Several of us have lasted years beyond what the Dr originally told us.
    • Get a second opinion if you can - especially if you can get it from a large research or teaching cancer center. If you are in the US, then consider an NCI designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
    • We do not allow any recommendations for suppliers of any products to prevent a deluge of suggestions that are really ads.
    • The answer to your question depends on where you live. Laws vary from country to country, state to state, and even city to city. You need to know your local laws. For any product, charlatans can be avoided if you source from sources that have been around longer and if you buy from someone with some sort of certification or laboratory testing.
    • Consider a clinical trial. If in the US, contact PanCan for help.

Best wishes to you and your father.

Bob
    7/12 DX stage 3 pan can (adenocarcinoma) @ 65 - borderline resectable
    8/12 - 10/12 Chemo (GTX) & Stereotactic Radiation
    12/12 Whipple - R0 margins, 2/29 nodes pos.
    1/13 - 5/16 Vaccine clinical trial - randomized to control group - vaccine showed no benefit
    2/13 - 8/13 Gemzar for 6 months
    Quarterly scans - no evidence of disease to 10/14 - spot on lung being watched - possible infection 2 months on antibiotics
    3/15 - spot larger - probable met - surgery planned
    4/15 - PET prior to surg - recurrence & lung mets - Surgery cancelled - EUS w/ FNA showed adenocarcinoma - Stage 4
    5/15 - 9/15 Folfirinox @ reduced dosage - Stopped treatment after 11 infusions due to neuropathy
    10/15 - 8/16 maintenance 5-fu every other week
    8/16 - stable disease on both CT and PET/CT - chemo holiday while other treatments explored
    9/16 - lung biopsy confirms pan can met,
    10/16 -NanoKnife to pancreatic bed -PET after Nano showed new met in hilar lymph nodes - SBRT to both lung & lymph
    4/17 - PET/CT showed significant disease progression, multiple lung mets, pancreatic bed tumor has grown
    5/17 - Started hospice care - striving for acceptance

Stay busy and live life to the best of your ability.

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi

It should not be hard to find a reputable outlet ... I suggest Google.

Maybe a trip to Colorado or California if you want to search personally.

If it is illegal in your state I would not even bother...it does not work as well as proponents say and it is no use in actually curing cancer, but then again we have people here that will swear by it. It makes a poor analgesic but it is a reasonably good appetite stimulant. people also use it for nausea but it can make people sick on its own and the anti emetics given by your doctors are way more effective.

Good luck
    Age 60
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Alternative remedies fall into the "grass is greener" category in so many cases. For appetite, in hospital I briefly received Marinol post-transplant, to get my eating jump-started. Bottom line: As Bob said, we form our own survival curves. Had we listened strictly to the doctors, none of us would be here.