A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Cancer- the six letter word that changed my life.

Senior User
    Hi 'Sea,

As an after thought; Are you doing Kaplan prep? If you are; there is a Thai place near there that you should try...Lots of hot Currie sauce will brighten your days and you won't have to explain the tears!

zim

Hey guys,

GBMsibling, did the Indian place make you ill cuz of the food or because you had memories of your sister there?

Zim, I am glad you found the book interesting. I will try to do what you said, lol most of the places where we laughed would be around food while on a date or on a vacation. I don't even go to that side of town because I know our favorite breakfast place and where we had fun painting and all is. But I guess one day I will walk by the street and see if I can smile at the jokes he would say. lol sweet of you to suggest but no I am not in kaplan, im actually studying from home with a online lecture thing since kaplan would be too out of the budget right now.

My studying, was something I had put aside for a while and now that I am back at it, it has its own fears of will I get residency and will I pass this and if I don't what do I do because I know nothing else and all but I just take it a day at a time.
    Whenever they talk about GBM it stings like no tomorrow and my thoughts drift but soon they will be moving on and i'll have to keep up so i move on.

I haven't gone to visit his grave in a while, mostly because I want to go early morning or late evening to avoid the heat but that time I have my lecture or something else happens and I do not want the rest of the family to know when i go because they will all come with me to watch out for me but I like to cry alone. I sometimes feel guilty for not visiting enough as if he would think I forgot him, but it's all silly cuz he doesn't "think" at all.
    I heard a sentence that I think is true for me anyway, " when you lose your spouse,you are never not married for a long time, its just you are married to a dead person". I was thinking that's so true because I still feel married and I still feel in a relationship but really its not the case but it doesn't register when we go about our lives. I never thought about it till I heard that sentence. I think that's actually when it hit me that oh, yeah, I am no longer married.

anyhow, just random thoughts of the day. hope you all are well. my crazy week starts tomorrow and today I will go study some bio-statistics hoping something sticks. have a great week!
    Last edited by seaofgladness; 08-11-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    Hubby with inoperable brainstem glioma. Dx- 8/30/2016. Finished radiation- 10/28/2016. started temodar 5/20/2017- didn't tolerate it. started avastin 6/24/17. Tumor growth (Glioblastoma) avastin stopped 9/22/2017. Hospice started 9/28/2017. Went to heaven- 3/4/2018

Super Moderator Top User
    I don't know. Either way, I wasn't going back!
    Too bad, too, because they had had a really nice lunch buffet and the nicest staff.
    Good luck with your studying; you've got this...