A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Cancer- the six letter word that changed my life.

yes that is true @zim! Hubs name was John and I am leah.
    hope you are doing ok and not too bad. I got to say your energy and positive outlook is amazing.

This is one of those days when mid study I stop and go on a hunt. I just learned about bevacizumab, I did not know it was avastin (trade name) and found out I knew about it already. I added Temozolomide to it too. Its amazing how much we know about the drugs we were forced to know about due to life and its many trials.

anyhow, everyday without fail, i think of him. This morning wokeup half asleep telling myself its ok, he suffered enough and before my brain starts thinking nonstop, i jumped out and started my day. The studying is going incredibley slow, sometimes i wonder if this is something I should do. I guess things will all fall into place. Today dad asked me if I wana donate stuff sitting in storage! i was like no!!. its stuff we bought together, i dont think im ready to part with any of that. its mainly furniture and things but still. I do not want to let go just yet. I know its probably not healthy but right now I am not going throw stuff out. I have donated most of his cloths and all.
    I was thinking of making a stuffed lion with one of his favorite shirts. i was wondering if any of you have done that and if so from where? I know the usual is a teddy but he loved lions and wanted to visit the african, lion sanctuaries someday:-/

hope everyones thanksgiving went well. Ours was ok, very emotional when we all gathered around the food. sigh
    Last edited by seaofgladness; 11-28-2018 at 11:32 PM.
    Hubby with inoperable brainstem glioma. Dx- 8/30/2016. Finished radiation- 10/28/2016. started temodar 5/20/2017- didn't tolerate it. started avastin 6/24/17. Tumor growth (Glioblastoma) avastin stopped 9/22/2017. Hospice started 9/28/2017. Went to heaven- 3/4/2018

Senior User
    Well HELLO LEAH!!
    Letting go is such a personal thing. Do it at your own pace! You can and you will. Start with the impersonal things. Sell what you can and tell John that the proceeds will go to his flower fund!
    (Here I'll remind you and John that a visit to Africa is accompanied by millions of flies, so visit by watching the TV documentaries; and think of him along the way.)

I'm so glad that you are sticking with the studies. When do you test? Is that one of those multi-stage exams, that beat your brains out for several days?

Warmest regards to you Leah, and to your family,
    Hang-in dear one.
    zim