A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Projects

Ouch! I hope that ankle heals quickly, Bank!

Good health,

kermica

Oh man, that had to hurt - especially getting the boots off. Best wishes for a speedy recovery,

Bob
    7/12 DX stage 3 pan can (adenocarcinoma) @ 65 - borderline resectable
    8/12 - 10/12 Chemo (GTX) & Stereotactic Radiation
    12/12 Whipple - R0 margins, 2/29 nodes pos.
    1/13 - 5/16 Vaccine clinical trial - randomized to control group - vaccine showed no benefit
    2/13 - 8/13 Gemzar for 6 months
    Quarterly scans - no evidence of disease to 10/14 - spot on lung being watched - possible infection 2 months on antibiotics
    3/15 - spot larger - probable met - surgery planned
    4/15 - PET prior to surg - recurrence & lung mets - Surgery cancelled - EUS w/ FNA showed adenocarcinoma - Stage 4
    5/15 - 9/15 Folfirinox @ reduced dosage - Stopped treatment after 11 infusions due to neuropathy
    10/15 - 8/16 maintenance 5-fu every other week
    8/16 - stable disease on both CT and PET/CT - chemo holiday while other treatments explored
    9/16 - lung biopsy confirms pan can met,
    10/16 -NanoKnife to pancreatic bed -PET after Nano showed new met in hilar lymph nodes - SBRT to both lung & lymph
    4/17 - PET/CT showed significant disease progression, multiple lung mets, pancreatic bed tumor has grown
    5/17 - Started hospice care - striving for acceptance

Stay busy and live life to the best of your ability.

Senior User
    Quote Originally Posted by po18guy View Post
    Everything happens for a reason - it's just that we don't yet know that reason. I have a walking stick you can borrow! Ice and elevation...
    Yea, I have been using a walking stick all day. It is still swollen really bad. I did come at a bad time. Family and friends are trying to fill in the gaps. We are so behind at our store. I definitely need to get more help to get caught up, then hopefully I will be better in time to return to work. If not it might be an extended leave deal until I can walk on it.
    Age 53
    Follicular Non-hodgkins lymphoma Stage 2 on 10-28-2011
    Upgraded to Low grade follicular non-hodgkins lymphoma Stage IV on 11-11-11.
    Cancer in lymph nodes found in neck, back of abdomen, between both lungs and cancer cells found in bone marrow test.
    Prescribed Treanda and Rituxan, 4 months. To start 11-28-2011.
    Remission 2-17-2012
    Rituxan treatments start 4-25-2012, once every two months for two years
    Learning as I go.

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bank Walker View Post
    Yea, I have been using a walking stick all day. It is still swollen really bad. I did come at a bad time. Family and friends are trying to fill in the gaps. We are so behind at our store. I definitely need to get more help to get caught up, then hopefully I will be better in time to return to work. If not it might be an extended leave deal until I can walk on it.
    This being Good Friday, a little suffering binds us more tightly to the One we love. Just to let you know, a little motoring misadventure last Thursday resulted in a fractured right shoulder and five fractured ribs. But my legs are fine. Still, the stick gives me the stability I need when I hike out to get the mail.
    07/08 Age 56 DX 1) Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma-Not Otherwise Specified. Stage IV-B, >50 ("innumerable") tumors, bone marrow involvement.
    08/08-12/08 Four cycles CHOEP14 + four cycles GND (Cyclofosfamide, Doxorubicin, Vincristine, Etoposide, Prednisone & Gemcitabine, Navelbine, Doxil)
    02/09 2) Relapse.
    03/09-06/13 Clinical trial of Romidepsin > long-term study. NED for 64 twenty-eight day cycles, dose tapered.
    07/13 3) Relapse, 4) Suspected Mutation.
    08/13-02/14 Romidepsin increased, stopped for lack of response. Watch & Wait.
    09/14 Relapse/Progression. Visible cervical nodes appear within 4 days of being checked clear.
    10/06/14 One cycle Belinostat. Discontinued to enter second clinical trial.
    10/25/14 Clinical trial of Alisertib/Failed - Progression.
    01/12/15 Belinostat resumed/Failed - Progression. 02/23/15
    02/24/15 Pralatrexate/Failed - Progression. 04/17/15
    04/15 Genomic profiling reveals mutation into PTCL-NOS + AngioImmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma. Stage IV-B a second time. Two dozen tumors + small intestine (Ileum) involvement.
    04/22/15 TREC (Bendamustine, Etoposide, Carboplatin). Full response in two cycles. PET/CT both clear. Third cycle followed.
    06/15-07/15 Transplant preparation (X-rays, spinal taps, BMB, blood test, MUGA scan, lung function, CMV screening, C-Diff testing etc. etc. etc.) Intrathecal Methotrexate during spinal tap.
    BMB reveals 5) 26% blast cells of 20q Deletion Myelodysplastic Syndrome MDS), a bone marrow cancer.
    07/11-12/15 Cyclofosfamide + Fludarabine conditioning regimen.
    07/16/15 Total Body Irradiation.
    07/17/15 Moderate intensity Haploidentical Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant receiving my son's peripheral blood stem cells.
    07/21-22/15 Triple dose Cyclofosfamide + Mesna, followed by immunosuppressants Tacrolimus and Mycophenolate Mofetil.
    07/23-08/03/15 Marrow producing zero blood cells. Fever. Hospitalized two weeks.
    08/04/15 Engraftment occurs, and blood cells are measureable - released from hospital.
    08/13/15 Day 26 - Marrow is 100% donor cells. Platelets climbing steadily, red cells follow.
    09/21/15 Acute skin Graft versus Host Disease arrives.
    DEXA scan reveals Osteoporosis.
    09/26/-11/03/15 Prednisone to control skin GvHD.
    11/2015 Acute GvHD re-classified to Chronic Graft versus Host Disease.
    05/2016 Tacrolimus stopped. Prednisone from 30-90mg daily tried. Sirolimus begun.
    09/16/16 Three skin punch biopsies.
    11/04/16 GvHD clinical trial of Ofatumumab (Arzerra) + Prednisone + Methylprednisolone begun.
    12/16 Type II Diabetes, Hypertension - both treatment-related.
    05/17 Extracorporeal Photopheresis (ECP) begun in attempt to control chronic Graft-versus-Host-Disease (cGvHD.
    06/17 Trying various antibiotics in a search for tolerable prophylaxis.
    08/17 Bone marrow biopsy reveals the presence of 2% cells with 20q Deletion Myelodysplastic Syndrome, considered to be Minimum Residual Disease. Active surveillance is the course of choice.
    To date: 18 chemotherapeutic drugs in 9 regimens (4 of them at least twice), 5 salvage regimens, 3 clinical trials, 4 post-transplant immuno-suppressant drugs, the equivalent of 1,000 years of background radiation from scanning from 45+ CT series scans and about 24 PET scans. Two lymphoid malignancies plus a myeloid malignancy lend a certain symmetry to the journey.

Believing in the redemptive value of suffering makes all the difference.

Senior User
    Hate to read about your accident. It sounds so much worse than my piddly little ankle injury. An ambulance showed up at the store yesterday, everyone joked they were there to get me and my family doctor showed up at the store today. He too was accused of making house calls. They have all had lots of laughs at my expense. Yesterday they offered to hunt up one of our wheel chairs for me to get around the store.

Seriously though it is still super sore and swollen. I am trying to walk it off but not having any luck. If it still looks like a long recovery I plan to see the bone doctor Monday.

Yesterday my oldest son and oldest grandson filled in till noon. Today my wife's cousin's son and another friend of our son showed up. They are young and strong. Together they did 2-3 times the amount of work I would have done had I been 100% anyway. They did a great job. They are going to return next Saturday to try and help me get the rest of my plants moved. Then I can concentrate on my mother plants. Again, I am blessed to have so much help during this time of need.

Top User
    Ouch,PO! So sorry to hear of this! Are you in a lot of pain?
    67 year old husband diagnosed with Periphial T Cell Lymphoma Feb. 2015
    5 rounds of CHOPE chemo put him into remission for 2 years....
    June 2017 Relapse....radiation planned
    Develops ITP, Low platelets....Hospitalized 3 days to be given Gamma Gloublin....discharged....gave prednisone but forgot to give scripts for that and Klonopin....results in steroid psychosis from Prednisone.....second time this has happened. Had one instance of it during previous chemo.
    ITP recurs....4,000 platelets
    Al had spleen removed Sept. 25. It went well. Platelets up to 100,000but since he was given platelets the day before and during surgery the dr. wants to give it a few more days to see if platelets keep rising. Still in hospital. Good attitude. Grateful to God!
    Also caregiver to our 40 year old son who had a benign ependymoma tumor removed when he was 14 years old. 6 brain surgeries.
    Thank you God for all your blessings! 🙏❤️🙏

Nice, I wooden't say you're great because you are better of this.

Senior User
    Age 53
    Follicular Non-hodgkins lymphoma Stage 2 on 10-28-2011
    Upgraded to Low grade follicular non-hodgkins lymphoma Stage IV on 11-11-11.
    Cancer in lymph nodes found in neck, back of abdomen, between both lungs and cancer cells found in bone marrow test.
    Prescribed Treanda and Rituxan, 4 months. To start 11-28-2011.
    Remission 2-17-2012
    Rituxan treatments start 4-25-2012, once every two months for two years
    Learning as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bank Walker View Post
    Much cooler if they were drum sticks but still pretty cool Bank lol...

Dx ~ NSHL StageIIIA
    CT ~ {groin 6.8 x 3.3 cm} abdomen nodes, enlarged spleen ~ 2/07/16
    Bone marrow, Colonoscopy, Gastroscopy biopsies (-)
    Lung & Heart tests ~ Good.
    Pet scan ~ Worrisome bone marrow ~ 3/17/16
    ABVD ~ 6 cycles started ~ 3/31/16
    Interm Pet ~ (+) ~ 5/19/16
    Stop ABVD ~ 9/01/16
    Pet (+) ~ 10/04/16
    Salvage GDP ~ 10/27/16
    Misdiagnosed from Hodgkins to TCELL ALK NEG stage 4B ~ 12/01/16
    Adcentris ~ 12/05/16 ~ 3/07/17
    Lumbar, Tri-fusion line, G-CSF, Collection ~ 3/17/17 ~ 3/18/17
    Sent home from transplant ward with infections ~ 3/27/17
    Developed 12 tumors on base of skull, patho = ALK-NEG CD30 ~ 4/26/17
    Restart Adcentris ~ 5/18/17
    MUD Allo ~ 8/23/17
    Pet scan NED ~ 12/01/17

I think about legacy a lot, hopefully at the end of the day they say I was a good bluesman. That's all I want.
    -- Johnny Winter

Very nice Bank! and LOL Chef!
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    June 24 - tumor 1/3 the original size
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto