A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 33 and my 1st ever papsmear

Newbie New User
    i would say hopefully they will be ready for complications this time also i am a diabetic so they have to watch for that as as well because if i become to low then i can have a hypo and go into a coma my doctor seems pretty nice at least she is the only one that tells me everything straight forward and then she will ring me when she gets the results back unlike the other one i had who i had to ring them to find out results. as for my kids they keep me very busy lol i have a 15 yr old boy that has to be driven to work everyday then i have a 10yr old girl who has to go to singing lessons twice a week and then on top of that i have a almost 3yr old beautiful boy that just this year has been diagnosed with level 2 autism so far i hate this year it sucks! wow i am so glad that everything came back negative thats great news i really hope your next tests come back negative i have everything crossed for you i really appreciate having someone to talk to about this my other half doesnt really like to talk about it out of sight out of mind hugs tegan

Senior User
    Oh ok, I see. I'm surprised they didn't monitor your levels last time but I'm sure they will going forward! It's good that you trust your doctor to provide the answers and care that you need. Does your spouse or someone else go with you to your appointments? If not, a friend here recommended asking for permission to record conversations on a phone or other device. I remember feeling so overwhelmed at my appointments that I couldn't fully process what was being said. Fortunately my husband listened and took notes. It sounds like you have your hands full at home. Just remember self care tegan- that is important right now.
    Thanks for your well wishes . When I was diagnosed, I was so distraught and I didn't think I'd ever be where I am now. I still get nervous sometimes but then I remember to take things one day at a time. That's all we can do. Hugs.

Hi tegan,

Thought I would also stop in and say hi. My you do have a busy household! Sandy has given some awesome advice to you about appointments. Do you have a date yet for this second biopsy? I hope this one goes much better than the first and that the pain is much more controlled for you.

Thinking of you and wishing you the best,

Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    June 24 - tumor 1/3 the original size
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto

Newbie New User
    Hi everyone just an update on me got my 2nd cone biopsy today doctor said she will ring me with results in a week but no matter what results come back she has said i have to have a hysterectomy i really dont know how i feel about this. also was never told this till today she said even though they have taken 2 cervical cones its not showing them what they want to see i will post another update when i get results back thankyou for listening and giving me someone to tell my worries to

Hi tegan,

I am sorry for the stressing news. Just take time to digest and prepare your questions for the doctor when she calls. I know you are more in shock at the moment. Very understandable when surgery comes out of left field at you like that.

And no worries - that's what we are here for! To listen and support. This place was a Godsend to me when my husband was first diagnosed so I completely understand.

I just had my hysterectomy on Oct 27 so if you have any questions feel free to send me a message ok?

Hang in there! And get some sleep!

Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    June 24 - tumor 1/3 the original size
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto

Senior User
    Hi tegan, I've been thinking about you this week and wondering how your appointment went. I'm sorry to hear this- I hope your doctor will talk to you in depth about the procedure and address any concerns you have. Not knowing is often the hardest part of all this. Are you keeping busy this week? How are your kids doing? I hope you'll keep us updated and let us know how you're doing. We're here for you. Hugs.

Newbie New User
    Hi Sandy and Jodie yep it threw me for 6 when she told me no matter what happens i have to have a hysterectomy i am definately keeping busy my kids are so excited about christmas lol i am in more pain this time then last time so that kinda sucks especially trying to put a happy face on around my kids when i am in pain i hope you are going ok will definately keep you updated as soon as i know whats going on. once again thanks for listening to me hugs tegan

Senior User
    Hi tegan, sorry to hear about your pain. Can you take anything for it? Might a heating pad to your pelvis help or is the pain internal? I remember feeling sore for a few days after my biopsies. I'm glad you're keeping busy with Christmas preparations! Just don't push yourself too much. As scary as a hysterectomy might seem, if it can remove the source of cancer, it would be worth it I think.

Newbie New User
    hi sandy no it seems pain killers dont effect me and yes the pain is internal and its ok to say that you dont want anymore kids but when that decision gets taken away from you it is heartbreaking i just dont know what to do i am only 33 i dont want to make decisions like this just have to keep my mind off things i guess

Senior User
    Hi tegan, unfortunately I know that feeling. I can no longer have children so it will be just my husband and I. I never expected this to happen. But I have to remember how lucky I am to be alive and cancer free. My treatments made me infertile but they saved my life. Aw, I'm sorry pain killers don't help. Sending you hugs. I'm sure things are hard right now but they will get better.