A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Need testimonies, hope and good vibes

Newbie New User

Unhappy Need testimonies, hope and good vibes

Hi everyone,

This post is not about me but about my grandma, who I'm very close with. She's 78 and recently diagnosed with endometrial cancer. She went in for a CT scan because she'd been complaining of a sore hip for ages. The doctor referred her to an OB-GYN because he thought he saw something weird in her uterus. Long story short: one vaginal ultrasound and a biopsy later, endometrial cancer was confirmed.

We still don't know what her stage is. Her doctor said her CT scans and Xrays appeared normal. They're performing the histerectomy + removal of lymph nodes for testing in two days (after weeks and weeks of waiting for a surgeon available).

She had no symptoms other than her hip pain, which doctors aren't sure is related to her cancer. No vaginal bleeding, no weight loss, no abdominal cramps... She was as healthy as a person her age can be.

I would like to hear from other women who have been through this. Grandma's 100% convinced she's going to die...

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    marymerry:

Sorry to hear of your grandmothers diagnosis and while I do not have knowledge regarding this type of cancer, some others might so check back often for updates.

Hoping surgery goes smoothly and your grandmother will recovery quickly without and further concerns.

Lisa

Experienced User
    Encourage your grandmother to have trust in her medical team. Until the hysterectomy has been performed and the lymph nodes have been biopsied, there is no way to safely predict your grandmother's medical future. There has been a lot of research on endometrial cancer, and post-surgery outcomes. Once your grandmother's medical team has all of the data in hand, they will be able to tell your grandmother what her options are. I know it is tough to wait for those results.

Wishing you all the best!
    Intermediate Risk Endometriod Cancer: Stage 1a Grade 2 some lymphvascular space invasion, DaVinci surgery December 2014, Brachytherapy February 2015