A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Melanoma removed: Are all Skin clinics money gougers?

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Do you need an attitude adjustment? You are complaining about being alive! Think about that.
    07/08 Age 56 DX 1) Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma-Not Otherwise Specified. Stage IV-B, >50 ("innumerable") tumors, bone marrow involvement.
    08/08-12/08 Four cycles CHOEP14 + four cycles GND (Cyclofosfamide, Doxorubicin, Vincristine, Etoposide, Prednisone & Gemcitabine, Navelbine, Doxil)
    02/09 2) Relapse.
    03/09-06/13 Clinical trial of Romidepsin > long-term study. NED for 64 twenty-eight day cycles, dose tapered.
    07/13 3) Relapse, 4) Suspected Mutation.
    08/13-02/14 Romidepsin increased, stopped for lack of response. Watch & Wait.
    09/14 Relapse/Progression. Visible cervical nodes appear within 4 days of being checked clear.
    10/06/14 One cycle Belinostat. Discontinued to enter second clinical trial.
    10/25/14 Clinical trial of Alisertib/Failed - Progression.
    01/12/15 Belinostat resumed/Failed - Progression. 02/23/15
    02/24/15 Pralatrexate/Failed - Progression. 04/17/15
    04/15 Genomic profiling reveals mutation into PTCL-NOS + AngioImmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma. Stage IV-B a second time. Two dozen tumors + small intestine (Ileum) involvement.
    04/22/15 TREC (Bendamustine, Etoposide, Carboplatin). Full response in two cycles. PET/CT both clear. Third cycle followed.
    06/15-07/15 Transplant preparation (X-rays, spinal taps, BMB, blood test, MUGA scan, lung function, CMV screening, C-Diff testing etc. etc. etc.) Intrathecal Methotrexate during spinal tap.
    BMB reveals 5) 26% blast cells of 20q Deletion Myelodysplastic Syndrome MDS), a bone marrow cancer.
    07/11-12/15 Cyclofosfamide + Fludarabine conditioning regimen.
    07/16/15 Total Body Irradiation.
    07/17/15 Moderate intensity Haploidentical Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant receiving my son's peripheral blood stem cells.
    07/21-22/15 Triple dose Cyclofosfamide + Mesna, followed by immunosuppressants Tacrolimus and Mycophenolate Mofetil.
    07/23-08/03/15 Marrow producing zero blood cells. Fever. Hospitalized two weeks.
    08/04/15 Engraftment occurs, and blood cells are measureable - released from hospital.
    08/13/15 Day 26 - Marrow is 100% donor cells. Platelets climbing steadily, red cells follow.
    09/21/15 Acute skin Graft versus Host Disease arrives.
    DEXA scan reveals Osteoporosis.
    09/26/-11/03/15 Prednisone to control skin GvHD.
    11/2015 Acute GvHD re-classified to Chronic Graft versus Host Disease.
    05/2016 Tacrolimus stopped. Prednisone from 30-90mg daily tried. Sirolimus begun.
    09/16/16 Three skin punch biopsies.
    11/04/16 GvHD clinical trial of Ofatumumab (Arzerra) + Prednisone + Methylprednisolone begun.
    12/16 Type II Diabetes, Hypertension - both treatment-related.
    05/17 Extracorporeal Photopheresis (ECP) begun in attempt to control chronic Graft-versus-Host-Disease (cGvHD.
    06/17 Trying various antibiotics in a search for tolerable prophylaxis.
    08/17 Bone marrow biopsy reveals the presence of 2% cells with 20q Deletion Myelodysplastic Syndrome, considered to be Minimum Residual Disease. Active surveillance is the course of choice.
    To date: 18 chemotherapeutic drugs in 9 regimens (4 of them at least twice), 5 salvage regimens, 3 clinical trials, 4 post-transplant immuno-suppressant drugs, the equivalent of 1,000 years of background radiation from scanning from 45+ CT series scans and about 24 PET scans. Two lymphoid malignancies plus a myeloid malignancy lend a certain symmetry to the journey.

Believing in the redemptive value of suffering makes all the difference.

I've only ever gotten negative feedback from people all my life. Being alive hasn't been the best experience for me. Maybe I just look like a loser or a pushover and thats why people think they can treat me badly, I don't know, all I know is I am over it.

I got into Mechantronics Engineering with Honours and I still can't find a job. I quit that degree once I realized there was no actual teaching going on at University, and all it was is people telling you what your expected to know. Plus everyone I know who has an Engineering degree never has stable employment. So I thought why am I doing all this incredibly hard maths when I could get the same wage and more stable job prospects working as a secretary, who has no formal qualifications?

I'm on the verge of giving up. I will go to the clinic tomorrow and get this stitched back up and then go door knocking for my cleaning business. The whole society is a joke where beautiful people, especially women, get promoted to positions they should never have, with no merit, while ugly White guys like me get NOTHING. I mean the whole secretarial job industry is basically an industry of unqualified White women making $50,000 year doing minor office tasks. Geez wish I could get in on that boat. Oh thats right, that industry was all male, until women usurped it and now only employ other women. So sick of this society and will gladly celebrate when you have all bred yourselves into oblivion with the regional neighbors. You want to know what bitter and twisted looks like- this is it.

How can any sane person be happy about being alive, when they see not only their family members grand kids, but their entire civilization as they know it, has no future.
    Last edited by Frustrated2017; 05-29-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    This is a forum for those diagnosed with cancer and their loved ones and caregivers seeking support nor a forum to bash society, especially women as you see it.

If you contunie on this course of discussion, which is insulting, you will be banned.

If you are that angry, i suggest you seek out a mental health professional to help with that. Regardless of circumstance, we are all in control of our own happiness.

Lisa

Of course I am angry! I had unnecessary surgery on a wound that had healed and a diagnosis that all surrounding tissue was cancer free, yet DESPITE this the doctor went in ant cut out more tissue.

I saw the doctor today, another doctor as my doctor was off, and he explained because the wound has been open to the environment it is now contaminated with bacteria, so to close it will require more removal of tissue. And even then I am taking a HUGE risk, as he emphasized again and again, by getting it closed again, as the occurrence of it becoming infected once closed is very very high. I am scheduled to go back in today to have it closed but am seriously thinking of just leaving it heal the way it is and getting plastic surgery on it later on if I ever have that type of money.

These doctors will never be held accountable for their negligence, and will never have to live with the consequences of their actions. While meanwhile I have had unnecessary surgery that has needlessly left me permanently deformed.

The wound is so big it even shocked my father, who panicked and said I should go get it treated asap.

You know what makes me so upset? Because the original small cut had healed perfectly.

BYE won't be back to be blamed for others mistakes. So called people with degrees really make the wold a better place don't they. These doctors are nothing but incompetent fools.

I can't believe it is seen as acceptable medical practice to leave a patient with a gaping wound in the back of their neck to heal as a large gaping hole. I knew this would happen, yet everyone always thinks I am wrong and I stupidly let them think that.

Can't believe I have ended up one of these people with a medical nightmare that I used to read about on forums and think 'will never happen to me'. I am just leaving this wound heal and hope that second intention healing closes the large gap with scar tissue. BYE.
    Last edited by Frustrated2017; 05-30-2017 at 02:01 AM.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    I am locking this thread as we have attempted to provide our support. If you ever receive a cancer diagnosis we will be here.

Please address your anger issues.

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    07/08 Age 56 DX 1) Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma-Not Otherwise Specified. Stage IV-B, >50 ("innumerable") tumors, bone marrow involvement.
    08/08-12/08 Four cycles CHOEP14 + four cycles GND (Cyclofosfamide, Doxorubicin, Vincristine, Etoposide, Prednisone & Gemcitabine, Navelbine, Doxil)
    02/09 2) Relapse.
    03/09-06/13 Clinical trial of Romidepsin > long-term study. NED for 64 twenty-eight day cycles, dose tapered.
    07/13 3) Relapse, 4) Suspected Mutation.
    08/13-02/14 Romidepsin increased, stopped for lack of response. Watch & Wait.
    09/14 Relapse/Progression. Visible cervical nodes appear within 4 days of being checked clear.
    10/06/14 One cycle Belinostat. Discontinued to enter second clinical trial.
    10/25/14 Clinical trial of Alisertib/Failed - Progression.
    01/12/15 Belinostat resumed/Failed - Progression. 02/23/15
    02/24/15 Pralatrexate/Failed - Progression. 04/17/15
    04/15 Genomic profiling reveals mutation into PTCL-NOS + AngioImmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma. Stage IV-B a second time. Two dozen tumors + small intestine (Ileum) involvement.
    04/22/15 TREC (Bendamustine, Etoposide, Carboplatin). Full response in two cycles. PET/CT both clear. Third cycle followed.
    06/15-07/15 Transplant preparation (X-rays, spinal taps, BMB, blood test, MUGA scan, lung function, CMV screening, C-Diff testing etc. etc. etc.) Intrathecal Methotrexate during spinal tap.
    BMB reveals 5) 26% blast cells of 20q Deletion Myelodysplastic Syndrome MDS), a bone marrow cancer.
    07/11-12/15 Cyclofosfamide + Fludarabine conditioning regimen.
    07/16/15 Total Body Irradiation.
    07/17/15 Moderate intensity Haploidentical Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant receiving my son's peripheral blood stem cells.
    07/21-22/15 Triple dose Cyclofosfamide + Mesna, followed by immunosuppressants Tacrolimus and Mycophenolate Mofetil.
    07/23-08/03/15 Marrow producing zero blood cells. Fever. Hospitalized two weeks.
    08/04/15 Engraftment occurs, and blood cells are measureable - released from hospital.
    08/13/15 Day 26 - Marrow is 100% donor cells. Platelets climbing steadily, red cells follow.
    09/21/15 Acute skin Graft versus Host Disease arrives.
    DEXA scan reveals Osteoporosis.
    09/26/-11/03/15 Prednisone to control skin GvHD.
    11/2015 Acute GvHD re-classified to Chronic Graft versus Host Disease.
    05/2016 Tacrolimus stopped. Prednisone from 30-90mg daily tried. Sirolimus begun.
    09/16/16 Three skin punch biopsies.
    11/04/16 GvHD clinical trial of Ofatumumab (Arzerra) + Prednisone + Methylprednisolone begun.
    12/16 Type II Diabetes, Hypertension - both treatment-related.
    05/17 Extracorporeal Photopheresis (ECP) begun in attempt to control chronic Graft-versus-Host-Disease (cGvHD.
    06/17 Trying various antibiotics in a search for tolerable prophylaxis.
    08/17 Bone marrow biopsy reveals the presence of 2% cells with 20q Deletion Myelodysplastic Syndrome, considered to be Minimum Residual Disease. Active surveillance is the course of choice.
    To date: 18 chemotherapeutic drugs in 9 regimens (4 of them at least twice), 5 salvage regimens, 3 clinical trials, 4 post-transplant immuno-suppressant drugs, the equivalent of 1,000 years of background radiation from scanning from 45+ CT series scans and about 24 PET scans. Two lymphoid malignancies plus a myeloid malignancy lend a certain symmetry to the journey.

Believing in the redemptive value of suffering makes all the difference.