Being a morbidly obese individual, I have been a proponent of a ketogenic diet ( about 65-70% healthy fats 30-35% protein and not more than 5% carbs in the form of nutrient dense veggies) for some time.
As far as overall weight loss, I have found it quite effective.
This regimen tends to induce nutritional ketosis which is not to be confused with diabetic ketoacidosis which is commonly seen in type I diabetics and rarely in type II.

To be perfectly clear, I am in no way advocating or promoting any diet regimen of any kind nor am I suggesting that any diet 'cures or inhibits' active cancer progression. Ketogenic diets of one form or another have been around for over 30 years and *have often been used to treat intractable epilepsy, especially in children, generally with good results sometimes exceeding two or three years.

My main question in posting this is simply to inquire if any others on any of the forums have used these diets in any form and how they worked (or didn't work) for you especially if you are on chemo.
There have been a few legitimate scientific studies which suggest a possible relationship between switching from glucose as the primary fuel to utilization if fat lipolysis resulting in the appearance of ketone bodies in the blood and urine.
It has been suggested that allowing the body to utilize ketones as it's primary fuel rather than glucose may, inhibit cancer progression. Keep in mind, most, if not all of these studies have been in a Petri dish. However, it is still interesting.

I hope this draws some views but mostly I am interested in commentary.

* These diets are far more restrictive the ones used for weight loss and control.

Cheers!