A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Uterine Cancer

Newbie New User

Uterine Cancer

Just received my diagnosis on Friday, was seen by oncologist today (Wednesday). Everything is happening so fast, and I know that's a good thing. I'm trying very hard to be upbeat and positive for my family, but the truth is, as much faith as I do have, I'm still scared. I guess cancer is a lonely kind of disease...

Had an endometrial biopsy yesterday, and I would rather give birth with no pain meds than go through that again. I did ok in the office, but the ride home was a nightmare. The pain started worse, then. I kept feeling like I would pass out, broke out in a cold sweat, became very nauseous.Husband had to pull over several times on the way home, didn't think we would ever get there. I had terrible cramps for about an hour and a half, then it was over.

Still awaiting a PET scan or ct w/contrast. My only certainty right now is there will be a hysterectomy. I'm praying the pain won't be as bad as the biopsy was!

Hi MarshaGail,

Going through the diagnosis stage can either be a whirlwind or a snails race. Bottom line scary either way.

However I do have one question. Did the dr tell you that you have cancer before the the biopsy? Or was there another one done prior? The reason why I ask is that cancer cannot be confirmed without a biopsy be done and analyzed. Yes there may be all the suspicions there however a diagnosis cannot be confirmed until the biopsy confirms it. If you did have a prior biopsy and cancer was confirmed, then we will leave your post right here. If you didn't have a prior biopsy, we see what this one says. If it is not cancer then we'll move your post to the worried section and wish you well!

Yes those biopsy suckers hurt like a ___________________________. See how long of a blank I left there. You can fill many descriptive words in there. You may still be cramping today, even bleeding a little, or a lot like I did. Honestly if you behave and listen to your dr about the restrictions after your hysterectomy surgery I did not find the pain that intense. When I listened. When I didn't, yes I paid for it dearly.

You do not have to feel alone. Although, this area of our site many not be overly active, sadly many women are diagnosed with uterine cancer. Likely you will even see a local support group in your area.

Please let me know how things go and do take care.

Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    June 24 - tumor 1/3 the original size
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto

Newbie New User
    Wondering how you are doing. I received a diagnosis from my regular gynocologist four days ago. I have an appointment with a gynocology oncologist in seven days. I was diagnosed from a D&C where they found cancer cells is all I know right now.
    I can understand feeling lonely - my husband and my mother are my very loving family members but I know what you mean about trying to be positive. I go from best case to worse case scenario in the space of five minutes.
    Hope to hear back about how you are doing.

MMM100

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Please feel free to start your own thread as well. Message me if you have any questions.

Jodie
    dx - April 20/14
    June 23 - chemo finished
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto

Newbie New User
    Thank you, I probably will.

Newbie New User
    Hi. I just received a call from my GYN today that I have uterine cancer after having a D&C and abnormal cells being found. Now I have an appointment with a GYN/Oncologist the beginning of September and am freaking out since while I had two polyps removed during the D&C, I think even my doctor seemed shocked that abnormal cells showed up. I have high anxiety since I know I am going to need a hysterectomy and pray there is no spread, even though I was told this was caught at an early stage. How are you doing?

Hi StacyLynn,

I am so sorry you have received this news. This thread is sort have gone quiet. I encourage you to also start your own. You can tell us more, if you are up to it, and then we can better support you on your journey. Also, that way your story might be more easily seen.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send me a message ok?

Jodie
    dx - April 20/14
    June 23 - chemo finished
    Married July 19/14
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto

Im right there with ya----received my diagnosis this past Friday and have my appt with the gyno oncologist in 9 days. I also was diagnosed from a D&C. I am quickly finding out that this is a waiting game. We have to stay positive and continue enjoying every minute of this precious gift of life. I will share my journey and hopefully it will help you. Hang in there.