A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Newcomer

Newbie New User

Newcomer

Hi all,
    Diagnosed with meso March this year, big shock as as 60 years old never been in hospital except for tonsils when I was five. Had three chemo's so far, each one making me feel worse than the one before. The steroids I take before and after perk me up though.
    A lot of weight loss and muscle loss so walking is a challenge.
    Thanks for letting me on board,

Dave

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Sorry to welcome you here, but welcome you are. Has doctor investigated clinical trials?

Newbie New User
    Should I intro myself in the Meso section ? Shall I start again or let an Admin move the post ?

Newbie New User
    Quote Originally Posted by davesdocs View Post
    Hi all,
    Diagnosed with meso March this year, big shock as as 60 years old never been in hospital except for tonsils when I was five. Had three chemo's so far, each one making me feel worse than the one before. The steroids I take before and after perk me up though.
    A lot of weight loss and muscle loss so walking is a challenge.
    Thanks for letting me on board,

Dave
    My husband was diagnosed December of 2014 (actually he was misdiagnosed at first then they got it right). He just finished his 2nd round of chemo, the first was early in 2015, he also had a pleurectomy which helped a lot (although be aware if you have that you won't be able to do trials where they require a "pocket" to put the cells/vaccine whatever in, like he wanted to do a CAR T CELL trial but because he no longer has a pleural effusion since the pluerectomy, he couldn't do it, same with vaccination trial. Not sure what you have there but there are a lot of trials in the USA.