A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: multiple cancers

Newbie New User

multiple cancers

I was diagnose with mestatic breast cancer 3 weeks was suppose to start chemo 2 days when I went found out results of tests now i am told i have a spot on one of my lungs but also have portal caval lymph node enlarged Now I have pet scan in 2 days for the lymph node and lung doctor appointment in 2 days also. I am so scared. has anyone else had this.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Hello jenlott53:

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis but it is uncommon for two very different primary cancers to occur, not unheard of but rare.

My guess is, and keep in mind I am not medically qualified, is it the metastatic cancer. Your doctor is certainly the best source of information regarding the specifics of your diagnosed cancer. If you are unsure or unclear of the information provided to you, ask him/her to explain in clearer terms.

Please do keep us posted. While our Breast Cancer forum is not highly active, we do have common concerns amongst cancer patients, loved ones and caregivers so in any event, we will do our best to answer your questions to the best of our knowledge.

Lisa

Hi jenlott53,

Just wanted to add in my support to you.

Do you have family and/or friends to support you through this journey? As Lisa said, this may not be an extremely active forum but we watch it daily. We will be here to answer questions the best we can but more than that we can be that virtual shoulder to lean on and ear always ready to listen.

All the best,
    Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto
    Aug 2018 - 4 yrs NED - no evidence of disease
    Aug 2019 - 5 yrs NED and discharged from cancer clinic!!!!!

it would be quite a conicidence. Did your Dr mention the possibility of it being a metastisis of the original Breast Cancer.

Whatever it is, just know that both lung and breast cancer, are highly treatable these days, a lot of progress has been made.
    Diagnosed at age 64 (in November, 2014), PSA 4.3
    Nov 2014 BX 3 of 12 cores positive original pathology G8. Johns Hopkins second opinion, G6
    Surgery with Dr Ash Tewari Jan 6, 2015
    Post surgical pathology, stage T2c, bilateral disease, upstaged to G7(3+4)
    5% of Prostate involved in Tumor. Organ confined, Margins, SV, lymph nodes (9) all negative, PNI positive
    PSA <.02 until (uh-oh), 2/17 .02. Then 5/17-.033, 8/17-.033, 11/17-.046, 4/18-.060, 6/18-.068, 7/18- .082, 8/18-. 078.
    Decipher score low risk, .37
    ADT/Firmagon started August 2018. SRT to start SEPT 2018. Finished SRT November 2018, Finished ADT Feb 2019
    T=7, PSA <.05