A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Introduction 46 year old Indian frmale

Newbie New User

Introduction 46 year old Indian frmale

Hello. I was diagnosed April 18 with Stage 4 Inflammatory Breast Cancer. I had 2 tumors in my brain and my lungs showed signs of having cancer cells. I have been thru 3 rounds of " Red Devil" Chemo, 10 radiation treatments for the brain. And my tumors have greatly reduced in brain. Also, both breasts are vastly improving as far as skin inflammation and tumor size.
    After the last. 2 chemo treatments, I make it thru 4 days. And then start vomiting and nausea. It is horrible. My doctor gave me a different regimen this time. I had my Zofran in hand. I used a anti- nausea patch but I simply could not hold any food down. Also, I feel like Im going to pass out from the nausea. I have constipation every cycle. Last two times, my weight drops to 137, I"m 5'7". My doctor reminds that I cannot afford to lose more weight. Please advice anyone as to what may help me post-chemo.. I'm a former raw diet person, but now I eat chicken, fish, green juices, Ezekiel bread, and watermelon/ fruits, Greek yogurts. I take Zofran every 8 hrs after chemo for the next 3 days. After that, I use the dry sauna to detox and have deep tissue massage 1 week out of chemo.
    I have three treatments left, and then hormone therapy. I am Estrogen+ Progrestone + and Her-
    Last edited by Sareena46; 07-04-2017 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Grammar

Hello Sareena,

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry for your diagnosis but see you have have improvements yet at a cost.

Has your treatment center/doctor directed you to their nutritionist? I am not a raw diet person so I can't really comment here. Hoping another member will hop in with something to add.

Really hoping that things settle down at least long enough for you to make it through the last bit.

So sorry I don't have much to offer.

Here's to things getting better for you!
    Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    June 24 - tumor 1/3 the original size
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto
    Aug 2018 - 4 yrs NED

Sareena,

Welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to hear your diagnosis, but very happy to hear of the progress you seem to be making. I have no experience or knowledge about breast cancer, so can't comment at all about that. I do have experience with chemo and nausea, so maybe can help a little.

I was prescribed several anti-nausea meds to take along with the IV meds during chemo. I found that Emend along with the zofran for four days after chemo almost controlled nausea during folfirinox. I also had constipation with these drugs.

I had read about marijuana having an anti-nausea effect, but it is not legal here. There is a synthetic THC drug (Marinol) that is FDA approved and legal here. I asked my Dr about this and he said I could try and that some patients seem to have luck with it and others don't. I was one of the lucky ones. Using 5 mg of Marinol twice a day for about four days after chemo, along with Emend on the day of chemo and zofran IV during chemo only was able to give me better nausea control (no vomiting at all) without much constipation. It also avoids most of the high cost of Emend because I can extend the prescribed amount over several treatments.

I hope this helps you, or you find another solution.

Best wishes to you in your treatment and recovery.

Bob
    7/12 DX stage 3 pan can (adenocarcinoma) @ 65 - borderline resectable
    8/12 - 10/12 Chemo (GTX) & Stereotactic Radiation
    12/12 Whipple - R0 margins, 2/29 nodes pos.
    1/13 - 5/16 Vaccine clinical trial - randomized to control group - vaccine showed no benefit
    2/13 - 8/13 Gemzar for 6 months
    Quarterly scans - no evidence of disease to 10/14 - spot on lung being watched - possible infection 2 months on antibiotics
    3/15 - spot larger - probable met - surgery planned
    4/15 - PET prior to surg - recurrence & lung mets - Surgery cancelled - EUS w/ FNA showed adenocarcinoma - Stage 4
    5/15 - 9/15 Folfirinox @ reduced dosage - Stopped treatment after 11 infusions due to neuropathy
    10/15 - 8/16 maintenance 5-fu every other week
    8/16 - stable disease on both CT and PET/CT - chemo holiday while other treatments explored
    9/16 - lung biopsy confirms pan can met,
    10/16 -NanoKnife to pancreatic bed -PET after Nano showed new met in hilar lymph nodes - SBRT to both lung & lymph
    4/17 - PET/CT showed significant disease progression, multiple lung mets, pancreatic bed tumor has grown
    5/17 - Started hospice care - striving for acceptance

Stay busy and live life to the best of your ability.