A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: How to sleep with cancer

Newbie New User

How to sleep with cancer

am not here to give medical advice. I am here to hopefully ease any fears of the unknown This is a true story about about a gift I was given .

I have believed in God heaven and hell all of it. and it scared me because there was always enough room for doubt to creep in and scare me with the unknown.

But now there is 0 doubt in my life. and man it feels great not to have to worry about death or if heaven is real I KNOW IT IS.

My mother passed away 4 years ago. she was late 80s and in bad health she had a massive stroke that left her brain dead and her body locked in position unable to move,,,,,,, Me and my family were in the hospital room with my mother hooked to a life machine that kept her breathing and heart pumping. as I held one had my niece held the other and my sister was at the foot of the bed. AS we made the decision to let my mother go and remove life support ....We stayed with my mother still holding her hands and at the foot of the bed all you could hear was the steady beat of the heart monitor ..

All of a sudden I was filled with a feeling of warmth happiness and joy which seemed like it lasted for along time . but in reality probably only seconds have gone by...... me and my niece looked at each other and said at the same time did you feel that I felt odd but as I turned around with what I felt was a smile on my face to the rest of the family and said mom is gone..... The gave me a look like what do you mean then I realized there was still a steady heart beat on the heart monitor But I knew the heart monitor was wrong and mom was gone.

So I asked for some one to call the doctor the doctor came in and said yes your mother was gone What me and my family did not know is that the pace maker she had needed to be turned off manually after death or it would keep on beating ..

This is how I knew without a doubt that the heart monitor was wrong , and my mother was gone my mother left me a gift of knowing without any room for doubt her spirit transferred the knowledge of a after life it was like she said to me its true God is real heaven is real there is no death just a knew beginning .

I believed she knew I would need to have that knowledge to keep my sanity in the near future. And she was right a few years later the hardiest thing in life happened to me I lost one of my son"s but my mother:s gift of knowledge of knowing without a doubt saved me I knew my son was ok even better then ok he was perfect in a perfect place.

So when I went to the doctors to get the results why my leg was swollen and neck and groin there was 3 of them my regular doctor a doctor I did not know and a grief counselor. They told me I had cancer and prepared for a reaction I guess. but all I said was ok now what. And you know I haven't ask God to heal me because I know he will do whats best for me Believe in the Lord and Have NO FEAR and have no Worry;s God is real

Wonderful post, noworries...very inspiring! Thank you!
    Age 52 Male
    early Feb, 2013 - Noticed almond-sized lump in shaving area, right side of neck. No other "classic" cancer symptoms
    late Feb, 2013 - Visited PCP for check-up, PCP advised as lymphoma. Did blood work, orders for CT-scan, referred to ENT
    3/7/13 - CT-scan inconclusive, endoscopy negative
    3/9/13 - FNA of neck mass
    3/14/13 - Received dx of squamous-cell carcinoma, unknown primary
    3/25/13 - CT-PET scan reveals no other active tumors
    3/26/13 - work/up for IMRT
    4/1/13 - W1, D1 of weekly cetuximab
    4/8/13 - W1, D1 of IMRT
    5/20/13 - complete 8 week regimen of weekly cetuximab
    5/24/13 - Complete 35-day regimen of daily IMRT
    mid-July 2013 - CT-PET scan reveals no active tumors, but shows necrotic tissue at site of original tumor
    early Sept 2013 - partial neck dissection to remove necrotic tissue. Assay shows no cancer present.
    Spring 2014 - No signs of cancer
    Spring 2015 - NED
    Spring 2016 - NED
    Spring 2017 - NED

Lifelong resident of Lake Woebegon (Minnezotah), moved to Louisiana last November
    Wonderful post! I had a very similar experience with a complete stranger in a hospice I was working with my Samoyed therapy dog Sasha, and this very old woman was in a descending fugue coma at 4PM when I saw her, and she died at sunrise the next morning. The director of the hospice sent me to this woman ASAP, and she told me that the woman had owned a Samoyed while her 5 kids were growing up. The 5 kids met Sasha 1st, with the usual very consoling results, and then the elder son told me to follow him across the hall to where his mother was on her deathbed. She was completely unconscious and clearly headed downward, but I took her hand and started rubbing it through Sasha's fur, and her son started telling her that it was HER dog next to her! Nothing happened for maybe 10 seconds, and then this unconscious woman started loudly moaning in apparent happiness!! I'm proud that I held my position and didn't collapse, but I was in profound shock. This went on for maybe 30 seconds, and then she quieted down and was completely still again. Her spirit left her body at sunrise the next morning, and if I had to swear under oath in court, I'm sure she saw her dog next to her as she passed over.
    05/6/16 pre-op physical for knee surgery show low WBC & RBC
    5/22/16 [Birthday] Results of BM biopsy: AML 25% blasts CD34 with inv t(3:3) mutation, HIGH risk
    5/30/16 Undergo 3+7 chemo regimen TSHTF!! 3+7 doesn't touch AML, infections nearly kill me. Blasts 65%
    7/04/16 Diagnosis now Refractory AML. [:tombstone:]Six 4 week cycles of azacitidine, 21 injections over 7 days with 1.5" long needle into gut AND below navel.
    11/05/16 Move to NOLA - Infusion center 4 minutes away. 15 injections for 5 days M-F with 5/8" 25 ga. needle Huge increase in quality of life.
    12/28/16 BMB shows CD34 cells 12%
    4/16/17 BMB shows CD34 16%, cycles dropped to 4 weeks
    7/20/17 Diagnosis changed to "indolent leukemia", aka MDS
    7/27/17 BMB shows CD34 17%
    8/15/17 Venclexta chemo in PILL form added Oncologist estimates survival time now 2 - 4 YEARS.
    10/26/17 BMB results show 17/20 metaphases with inv(3:3) mutation-low blood cell counts - transfusions ineffective

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi

It is appropriate that you have deep religious beliefs. It is not really appropriate to come here and start preaching. In case you are wondering this
    Believe in the Lord and Have NO FEAR and have no Worry;s God is real
    is preaching
    We have many creeds and beliefs here and many do not share your views and may be offended by them. So please be respectful and keep your preaching out of here,

Once again you are entitled to your beliefs and many others here also have similar strong beliefs but they respect the other members and keep their beliefs largely to themselves. Please do the same
    Age 60
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Top User
    Does this mean I can't end my posts with "God bless"?
    67 year old husband diagnosed with Periphial T Cell Lymphoma Feb. 2015
    5 rounds of CHOPE chemo put him into remission for 2 years....
    June 2017 Relapse....radiation planned
    Develops ITP, Low platelets....Hospitalized 3 days to be given Gamma Gloublin....discharged....gave prednisone but forgot to give scripts for that and Klonopin....results in steroid psychosis from Prednisone.....second time this has happened. Had one instance of it during previous chemo.
    ITP recurs....4,000 platelets
    Al had spleen removed Sept. 25. It went well. Platelets up to 100,000but since he was given platelets the day before and during surgery the dr. wants to give it a few more days to see if platelets keep rising. Still in hospital. Good attitude. Grateful to God!
    Also caregiver to our 40 year old son who had a benign ependymoma tumor removed when he was 14 years old. 6 brain surgeries.
    Thank you God for all your blessings! 🙏❤️🙏

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Marian you can end your posts as you wish...as a respected long term member you are entitled and to my knowledge you have never preached to anyone here.

Cheers
    Age 60
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Top User
    Thanks....it helps me to always end my posts with that.
    67 year old husband diagnosed with Periphial T Cell Lymphoma Feb. 2015
    5 rounds of CHOPE chemo put him into remission for 2 years....
    June 2017 Relapse....radiation planned
    Develops ITP, Low platelets....Hospitalized 3 days to be given Gamma Gloublin....discharged....gave prednisone but forgot to give scripts for that and Klonopin....results in steroid psychosis from Prednisone.....second time this has happened. Had one instance of it during previous chemo.
    ITP recurs....4,000 platelets
    Al had spleen removed Sept. 25. It went well. Platelets up to 100,000but since he was given platelets the day before and during surgery the dr. wants to give it a few more days to see if platelets keep rising. Still in hospital. Good attitude. Grateful to God!
    Also caregiver to our 40 year old son who had a benign ependymoma tumor removed when he was 14 years old. 6 brain surgeries.
    Thank you God for all your blessings! 🙏❤️🙏