A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Uspc mets to lung with fluid

Newbie New User

Uspc mets to lung with fluid

Hello - I am new here - I don't know where to turn and I am hoping somebody can help me. Was diagnosed about two years ago with Uterine Serous Papillary Carcinoma (USPC). Had a full hysterectomy and the cancer was stage 1a -. Had Radiation therapy and was ok for approx 2 years.

About 2 weeks ago had shortness of breath which turned out to be fluid on right lung. They ended up doing surgery because it was too much fluid to take without collapsing the lung -

I need to prepare myself with as much info as I can. Any info would help Thank you.
    Last edited by SAMMYLU2; 08-05-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    I am sorry to hear of your MILís recurrence and sounds like a very complicated situation.

While I cannot offer any medical knowledge regarding her specific type of cancer, I can offer suggestions from a caregiverís perspective.

I believe in an open discussion by all family members involved in how to support your MIL through the treatment process, if that is what she decides to do. There will most likely be numerous appointments, testing, update appointments, treatment, etc. It is imperative to have many assist with the almost daily pressure of appointments. Keep a calendar and map out appointments. Another important issue is how to help her physically, things such as grocery shopping, errands, etc. While these things may seem rather simple to handle, combine them with the all the other aspects which must be taken care of, it can get overwhelming. Again, help by all family members is essential.

I would also suggest a notebook be prepared and brought to each appointment. List questions in this notebook whether your MILís questions or family members. It is a useful tool to refer back on and also helps to write down notes.

Keep us posted and know we are here should you need us.

Lisa

Newbie New User

Thank you

Thank you Lisa for your kind reply. You suggestions are definitely good ones.
    Last edited by SAMMYLU2; 08-05-2017 at 11:31 PM.