A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Surgery Today

  1. #11
    Experienced User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug K View Post
    Great news... take care and get on with living life!

    doug
    Thank you my friend! I can't wait to get healthy and get my life back! This news was completely unexpected, even my surgeon was shocked that everything was benign. I feel like a new man, I am so grateful humbled!
    Stage IV Colorectal Cancer Fighter

  2. #12
    Happy you got good news. I hope you are feeling well from a fellow Barbie butter (well Ken for you) and permanent ostomate (mine's an ileostomy though)

  3. #13
    Experienced User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by capercrohnie View Post
    Happy you got good news. I hope you are feeling well from a fellow Barbie butter (well Ken for you) and permanent ostomate (mine's an ileostomy though)
    Thank you so much! I appreciate that very much. I had a ileostomy 2 years ago for a few months but it was just temporary for my surgery to heal. This colostomy is going to take some getting used to.
    Stage IV Colorectal Cancer Fighter

  4. #14
    From what I hear colostomies are generally easier to deal with than ileostomies because of the thicker and less frequent output. Sleeping through the night is one thing i miss now that i have an ileo

  5. #15
    Experienced User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by capercrohnie View Post
    From what I hear colostomies are generally easier to deal with than ileostomies because of the thicker and less frequent output. Sleeping through the night is one thing i miss now that i have an ileo
    Yo are so right about the ileostomy, I remember having to empty it all the time and it was very watery. I could never sleep through the night. Can you switch yours to a colostomy? It is definitely much easier to deal with that's for sure!
    Stage IV Colorectal Cancer Fighter

  6. #16
    Senior User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    360
    Good news Dylan, I hope you are doing better.
    Best,
    Aneta

  7. #17
    Experienced User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by anetacz View Post
    Good news Dylan, I hope you are doing better.
    Best,
    Aneta
    Hello Aneta, I am feeling much better right now, thank you very much! I hope you are well!
    Stage IV Colorectal Cancer Fighter

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dylskee View Post
    Yo are so right about the ileostomy, I remember having to empty it all the time and it was very watery. I could never sleep through the night. Can you switch yours to a colostomy? It is definitely much easier to deal with that's for sure!
    nope as I had a total proctocolectomy which means they removed my entire colon, rectum and anus so I have nothing below my Ileum.

  9. #19
    Experienced User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    60
    Yeah I am so happy to hear the great news! Remember to take it easy and follow Dr's orders. Give a big hugs to your dogs for me. I miss walking the dogs @ kennel and won't be able to until I recover from my surgery.

  10. #20
    Experienced User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by capercrohnie View Post
    nope as I had a total proctocolectomy which means they removed my entire colon, rectum and anus so I have nothing below my Ileum.
    Oh, I'm sorry to hear that!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid_CanOn View Post
    Yeah I am so happy to hear the great news! Remember to take it easy and follow Dr's orders. Give a big hugs to your dogs for me. I miss walking the dogs @ kennel and won't be able to until I recover from my surgery.
    Thank you so much! Yeah, I'd be lost without my dogs, that's for sure! I got a Great Dane puppy for my wife, we pick him up in two weeks, can't wait for that.
    Stage IV Colorectal Cancer Fighter

 

Similar Threads

  1. Got 8 week post surgery follow-up and first PSA score today.....
    By masbirdies in forum Prostate Cancer Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 01:51 PM
  2. Surgeon Gave Opinion Regarding Surgery Today
    By Gartist in forum Colon Cancer and Rectal Cancer Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-21-2014, 08:52 PM
  3. brain surgery today
    By stardome in forum Brain Tumors Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 08:42 PM
  4. 2 weeks out from surgery today!
    By Gyndavid in forum Prostate Cancer Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-25-2013, 07:42 PM
  5. Tumor treated before surgery or straight to surgery?
    By korusgirl in forum Lung Cancer Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 03:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •