A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surgery Today

Experienced User
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug K View Post
    Great news... take care and get on with living life!

doug
    Thank you my friend! I can't wait to get healthy and get my life back! This news was completely unexpected, even my surgeon was shocked that everything was benign. I feel like a new man, I am so grateful humbled!
    Stage IV Colorectal Cancer Fighter

Happy you got good news. I hope you are feeling well from a fellow Barbie butter (well Ken for you) and permanent ostomate (mine's an ileostomy though)

Experienced User
    Quote Originally Posted by capercrohnie View Post
    Happy you got good news. I hope you are feeling well from a fellow Barbie butter (well Ken for you) and permanent ostomate (mine's an ileostomy though)
    Thank you so much! I appreciate that very much. I had a ileostomy 2 years ago for a few months but it was just temporary for my surgery to heal. This colostomy is going to take some getting used to.

From what I hear colostomies are generally easier to deal with than ileostomies because of the thicker and less frequent output. Sleeping through the night is one thing i miss now that i have an ileo

Experienced User
    From what I hear colostomies are generally easier to deal with than ileostomies because of the thicker and less frequent output. Sleeping through the night is one thing i miss now that i have an ileo
    Yo are so right about the ileostomy, I remember having to empty it all the time and it was very watery. I could never sleep through the night. Can you switch yours to a colostomy? It is definitely much easier to deal with that's for sure!

Senior User
    Good news Dylan, I hope you are doing better.
    Best,
    Aneta

Experienced User
    Quote Originally Posted by anetacz View Post
    Good news Dylan, I hope you are doing better.
    Best,
    Aneta
    Hello Aneta, I am feeling much better right now, thank you very much! I hope you are well!

Quote Originally Posted by dylskee View Post
    Yo are so right about the ileostomy, I remember having to empty it all the time and it was very watery. I could never sleep through the night. Can you switch yours to a colostomy? It is definitely much easier to deal with that's for sure!
    nope as I had a total proctocolectomy which means they removed my entire colon, rectum and anus so I have nothing below my Ileum.

Experienced User
    Yeah I am so happy to hear the great news! Remember to take it easy and follow Dr's orders. Give a big hugs to your dogs for me. I miss walking the dogs @ kennel and won't be able to until I recover from my surgery.

Experienced User
    nope as I had a total proctocolectomy which means they removed my entire colon, rectum and anus so I have nothing below my Ileum.
    Oh, I'm sorry to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid_CanOn View Post
    Yeah I am so happy to hear the great news! Remember to take it easy and follow Dr's orders. Give a big hugs to your dogs for me. I miss walking the dogs @ kennel and won't be able to until I recover from my surgery.
    Thank you so much! Yeah, I'd be lost without my dogs, that's for sure! I got a Great Dane puppy for my wife, we pick him up in two weeks, can't wait for that.