A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Stage 1A Grade 3 ovarian cancer

Newbie New User

Stage 1A Grade 3 ovarian cancer

I had a radical hysterectomy 5 weeks ago and my pathology surprised even my surgeon. I am stage 1A/grade 3 and am starting chemo on Thursday. I'd love to hear from any of you about how you tolerated the chemo and would particularly love to hear that it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. I'm having trouble finding anyone with my diagnosis: Stage 1A/Grade 3. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was my age and she, unfortunately died five years later. She was the person I loved most in the world and I can't help reliving her whole heartbreaking experience now. Any words of advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Experienced User
    Hi LBLG,

Welcome and I am so happy to hear that you have been found early. I have been initially diagnosed with Stage 1A Invasive Mucinous Adenocarcinoma. Since my diagnosis was based on the pathology report on my right ovary, my oncologist recommended that I proceed to full staging and I had a full hysterectomy on Aug 16th. In my initial discussion with the doctor there was no mention of chemo at Stage 1. However I have been preparing for my upcoming pathology report to indicate that it is time to move to chemo. There aren't many current ovarian cases in this forum, so I am thankful to have someone that I can share this with.

Are you able to share what kind of ovarian cancer you've been diagnosed with?