A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Cofidentiality

  1. #1

    Cofidentiality

    Dear Members of The Cancer Forums' community,

    I am deeply saddened that I received a request from a member to delete his/her membership and all his/her post(s). I emailed this member asking if it was anything the CF (Cancer Forums) did and received a reply. Apparently, someone who knows this member in real life read the member's post(s) and, although the member did not use real names, this person recognized enough details in the story to realize who the member is. This person proceeded to tell others about our member's post(s) to his/her great embarrassment. If this were a real, flesh and blood, support group we would all take an oath that what is said in this "room" would stay in this "room." I expect nothing less from our members and our guests.

    Please, do not even try to guess the true identity of people on this forum and for sure if you recognize a story, do not reveal information to others. I do not know how to enforce this request other than to emphasize that it can potential prevent someone from getting the help he or she so desperately need. I know that 99.99 percent of you do not need this message. Unfortunately, that leaves 0.01 percent of you who do need this message. Please, take this message to heart.

    Thank you,
    Jim
    Long-term cancer survivor
    1992 Astrocytoma grade 2, left motor strip
    2005 Recurrence this time said to be an Oligodendroglioma grade 3, same location.
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2405
    My Story Part 1: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2528
    My Story Part 2: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=7350
    My Story Part 3: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=8029

  2. #2
    Moderator Top User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,550
    I am sadden by this news. And only wish he/her will return.

    What is said in this 'room' DOES stay in this 'room'. I hope this other so, called, human. Realises what they have done, and feels a mazing sense of shame.

    Shame on you.

    Inica
    Thinking of you Inica



    ~Nose Cancer~
    ~Car Accident- Broken Back, Ribs, Spleen
    Sternum~
    ~Continous Cervical Cancer~

    My Story-
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=6731


    9 Lives and still kicking

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •