A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Uterine Cancer Worries

Newbie New User

Uterine Cancer Worries

Hello and thank you for having me.

Last week I had a uterine biopsy. It wasn't scheduled or expected. I take tamoxifen and had some symptoms that worried my oncologist so she sent me to the gyno to confirm I had gone through menopause. Turns out my uterine lining is 19mm when it should be 4mm. Now let me say that I have had a bilateral mastectomy in 2013 which was extremely painful and definitely increased my pain tolerance. I had No idea that procedure was going to be so painful! I could barely be still. The next day the pain was worse. The doctor did another internal ultrasound to ensure nothing had happened and it appeared the same as it had the day before. On day 3 we learned he had not grabbed enough tissue for the biopsy. So, now I am scheduled for a D&C in 2 days which will definitely provide enough tissue for biopsy.
    On a good note my genetic testing came back negative yesterday! That is excellent news for my daughters. My nieces as well because my sister died of breast cancer when she was 39 so she cant be tested. The tester said that my results will provide them with information moving forward as well.
    I am in pain. Constant ache in my pelvic area, around where my right ovary is. The ovaries look normal on ultrasound. The only problem they saw was the lining and 2 cysts within it. But, it still hurts. Every now and then it feels like someone grabbed it and is squeezing, then back to ache.
    I am scared. I really don't know much about this type of cancer. I havent had any bleeding so I guess that is good. So I wait until the 29th for the procedure and then another week for results. Killing me here. All of this painful waiting and thinking. If the genetics had been positive the hysterectomy would have been scheduled without a need for this test. Insurance would have paid. Now I have to jump through all of these painful hoops. Just sucks.

How have you guys handled this? Have you also had a d&c for the lining? Is that a normal procedure to have? From what I have read here I am not alone in the pain factor. Why do they say just a pinch when what they mean is get ready to scream cuz this is gonna hurt.

thanks for listening! I am just scared and alone.

Hi spfsnana,

I am so sorry you are so scared and feel so alone.

Mind if I ask I few questions just help me understand your situation better first. Are you on tamoxifen because of your breast cancer? And no confirmed diagnosis of uterine, ovarian or such cancer yet right? If you do not have a confirmed diagnosis I will move your post over into the worried section. I get you have had cancer but it appears you are investigating the possibility of another. I pray all for not! However I will wait to hear back from you before I do anything. I want to be sure I am understanding you correctly.

That is great news about the genetic testing. I am very happy for you.

Regardless right now keep yourself busy ok? Do you have hobbies you enjoy? I am sure your girls keep you busy. Do anything that keep you busy and happy and not thinking about this stuff. There are a variety of reasons for symptoms us women go through because of our lovely reproduce system - endometriosis, adenomyosis, fibroids, cysts, etc, etc - kinda been there, done that

Hang in there and look forward to hearing from you,
    Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    June 24 - tumor 1/3 the original size
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto
    Aug 2018 - 4 yrs NED