A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Just found out I have this and very nervous

Newbie New User

Question Just found out I have this and very nervous

I am a breast cancer survivor of 15 years... and on Monday found out I have endometrial cancer. From the report its grade one. I know that is good to hear. But I am seeing the oncologist today and I am a wreck. I hated radiation and Chemo... and so I don't know what to expect.

I had no symptoms... an ultrasound for my kidney showed a 7mm stripe and so they did the biopsy ( worst dam thing. Ouch)

Those of you who have gone though this before. What can I now expect? Hysterectomy? I am 62 so I don't know what kind of side effects I will have... is sex different? Is life different? I am just terrified. thanks... in advance...

Hi Serafina,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis but good it is a low stage.

This forum can be a little quiet sometimes but still great people here.

I would recommend, as I do for all cancer patients, to write down all your questions for your next appointment. Either leave a big space in between each question or take lost of extra paper to write the answers. I preferred a coil scribbler so i could not lose any pages. I also recommend, as you probably remember taking someone with you so you can ask the questions and have the other person do the writing. So much info thrown your way right? 2 sets of ears are always better than one.

I have also sent you a private message. Look for the word "notifications" in dark blue at the top right hand side of your screen.

Welcome to the forum. Please keep us update on how things are going. I am sure others will add their thoughts soon too.

Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto
    Aug 2018 - 4 yrs NED - no evidence of disease
    Aug 2019 - 5 yrs NED and discharged from cancer clinic!!!!!

Experienced User
    You have been through something sort of like this before, so you have your own experience (good and bad) to draw on. What worked well for you last time around? I know it is hard to wait, but until you have met with your team, you won't know what your therapeutic options are - could be surgery, could be chemo, could be radiation, could be any combination of those three. As jorola advises, ask lots of questions, keep notes, call back and ask for clarification.

I know it is tough, but hang in there.
    Intermediate Risk Endometriod Cancer: Stage 1a Grade 2 some lymphvascular space invasion, DaVinci surgery December 2014, Brachytherapy February 2015