A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

I am a 29 year old mother of three. I have been having problems with bleeding and pain for over a year now. My regular doctor finally sent me to an OBGYN. My new gynecologist has looked at a ultrasound from a year ago and saw that my lining was 11.5 mm and ordered a new one and a biopsy. The new ultrasound showed that I have two tumors and my uterine lining is now 19.8 mm. Just had my biopsy yesterday and was told that It would be 7 to 10 days for the results. Im going crazy here. I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same kind of thing and what the results Were. Or if you guys think it may be cancer. My doctor sounds like he thinks it is.

Hi LisaMarie

I have moved your post over here because you do not have a confirmed diagnosis of cancer and may it stay that way.

Honestly you say two "tumors" but they could very likely be fibroids. Nasty things that cause abnormal bleeding, pain, cramping and other not so fun stuff. Endometriosis is another possible diagnosis with a lining that thick which would also cause heavy bleeding. So no I would not jump to cancer. Rather go to these diagnosis first and leave cancer to the bottom of the list. The others are way more common than cancer. A biopsy is the only way to confirm a cancer diagnosis. I know waiting sucks but if that comes back all good you can do the Snoopy dance and then just talk with the dr about how to deal with this other stuff ok? Just try to keep busy and you will have your results soon.
    I had fibroids, endometriosis, adenomyosis, cysts and fribroids. Nothing a good hysterectomy couldn't cure
    May you get nothing but good results!
    Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    June 24 - tumor 1/3 the original size
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto
    Aug 2018 - 4 yrs NED