A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Endometrial Cancer Stage 2

Newbie New User

Endometrial Cancer Stage 2

Hi All,

Recently diagnosed in September with stage 2 endometrial cancer. The tumor was apparently large and had moved into the cervix though had not gone through the uterine wall though very close. Fallopian tubes and ovaries were clear. Had a complete hysterectomy in October that confirmed staging. I am to see the Oncologist next week to plan the radiation treatments. Would really like to hear what to expect and if treatment in the US is different than here in Canada.

Surgery went well. Recovering quickly and feeling good. Having some troubles sleeping and night as the mind goes but doing lots of praying and some meditation that helps. Just so many questions.

Has anyone heard about Hyperthermia treatments to go along side radiation treatments?

Warmly,

Marnie

Welcome Marnie!

Sorry you had to look us up but glad you found us. Always glad to welcome another Canadian to the board.

Good to hear surgery went well. Mind your lifting restrictions! I didn't and paid for it so ya don't do that LOL.

Sleeping troubles are likely related to the hysterectomy. It is very common after surgery. Hopefully that straightens out soon for you as of course rest helps with recovery.

I myself have not had experience/heard of hyperthermia treatments sorry.

Here to answer any questions the best we can so fire away. This area can be a little quiet so check back often for replies ok.

All the best and keep up the good recovery. Also sent you a private message,

Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    June 24 - tumor 1/3 the original size
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto

Newbie New User
    Right there with you Marnie, stage 2 Serous Endometrial Carvinoma diagnosed Oct 10.. hysterectomy Oct 30.. starting Chemo Nov 29. I was just reading about hyperthermia tx, interesting, going to research more. Prayers for you. This has been a roller coaster for me, things happen so fast, but my original dx was not good so the doctor is now saying curable and I have to believe this! Chemo scary because I donít know how Iíll be affected. Planning as well as I can.