A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Mother diagnosed with breast cancer

Newbie New User

Mother diagnosed with breast cancer

Hello everyone,
    My mother is diagnosed with breast cancer stage 2. It is just me and my mother now. I don't want to lose her too. Can someone tell me if this is curable at this stage?
    Please help.
    Thanks in advance!!

Hi Nancy, I do not know much about breast cancer, but I know Stage 2 can be very curable depending on the type of breast cancer. I know of a lady who was diagnosed with Stage 4 going on years after her diagnosis. I am sure you and your mom know more now when you first wrote here. My prayers are with you both this morning.
    rmaureen
    Diagnosed Sept. 2005
    Stage III-C Endometrial Adenocarcinoma
    Grade 2
    My Story:
    http://fierytrial.wordpress.com/2009/12/09/my-diagnosis

Newbie New User
    Your mom's chances are quite, quite good (the 10-year survival rate is around 85%). Stay positive and keep fighting my dear!

Newbie New User
    It's unfortunate to hear about this. Did the doctor recommend any treatment at the moment?

It's unfortunate to hear so. But the good news is that it is curable at this stage Stage 2 means the breast cancer is growing, but it is still contained in the breast or growth has only extended to the nearby lymph nodes. Consult with your oncologist and schedule chemo sessions as radiation and surgery can really help out. May she get well soon, my best wishes.