A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Tribute to my father - Trying to Inspire Others

Newbie New User

Tribute to my father - Trying to Inspire Others

Hi Everyone!

Today I write because this month are 3 years since the death of my father, who died of brain cancer stage 4. Undoubtedly, I miss him, but I'm really proud of him. He was given 6 months to live, and thanks to his attitude, his desire to live, and his courage, he managed to live 2 years, against all medical diagnosis.

I was 19 when they diagnosed him, and my world fell apart. As it happens to us all, many conflicting emotions are felt. However, seeing how my dad every day gave his best to be better, following his treatment, laughing and smiling as always made me change my emotions from anger to pride. I was proud to see that my father was a warrior, and that he did not give up. That's when I decided that the best thing I could do was to be like him, supporting him, and motivating him to be as good as possible.

Obviously not every day was good, but he always continued with his spirit and fighters attituted. I'm sure this played an important role in order to live 2 years instead of 6 months.

Since he died, I have always wanted to do something to support other people who goes through the process of this difficult illness, in order to help them and at the same time do something that my father would be proud of. Some time ago I read in a study that "treatments that work on emotions in cancer patients SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVE THEIR QUALITY OF LIFE", so I decided to do something so that everyone who goes through this can make the change of thinking that I did: from anger to pride.

The people that face this disease every day - whether as a patient, as a family member or as a friend - we are warriors. Every day that goes by, it's a day that we are Stronger Than Cancer. And that is something to be proud of, and to show the world what we are capable of. To motivate others, to maintain a positive attitude and above all to improve our quality of life.

That's why, after reading that study, it occurred to me to do something that can motivate every person that is going through this every day, and I designed a series of products that seek to highlight this. I would like to know what you think, if there are phrases, everyday things that we can take with us or see every day that drives us to keep moving forward. And i would like to know if this could be a motivation to keep Stronger and that can help improve the quality of life.

I remembre my father smiling and always going forward. He is the one who inspires me to do what I do, and to always move on.
    Last edited by lisa1962; 11-29-2017 at 03:17 PM. Reason: link removed per forum policy

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Krei1:

Sorry to hear of your Dad's passing but your story is very inspiring. However, as we do appreciate stories such as yours coming from a loved ones view point, we do not allow any type of solicitation of our members which is the reason why your link has been removed per our forum policy.

Good luck to you and I am sure your Dad would be very proud of you.

Lisa