A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: God has called him home

Senior User
    Hi again Marian,

Yes, the day our loved one is cremated is a tough one. As long as his body is still in the hospital - even though he is dead - gives us the impression that he is still there. The day my father was cremated (they told me exactly at what time he would be in the crematorium) I cried all day. It's another step in the grieving process. When I received his ashes, I put them on the rocking chair where he had sat in my living room and once in a while I rocked him. This is so tough we're aloud to loose it a bit. Then I got used to his being in an urn (sorta), although I never really reconciled with the idea of such a vital man reduced to ashes in a box.

It's a process you know, and you're in the toughest part. With time it will get better. On you tube, there's a series of videos on grief by a Dr. Bill Webster, it has helped me a lot. Maybe it could help you also.

I think of you often and I wish you as much peace as is possible in these circumstances.

Marie

Top User
    Thank you, Marie. Today is my husband’s Memorial service. We are all hurting pretty badly but will go on. Waking up every morning without him is hard. How I wanted 50: years with him. I’m grateful for the 47 we got. I feel him all around me which doesn’t surprise me. He loved his family very much.
    And so, our lives really begin without the most wonderful man in our lives. (Tears) I won’t be on the forum now as it will hurt too much. But my heart will be with everyone here.
    His fight is over. How brave he was. 47 years of love.

Top User
    you will remain in our thoughts Marian

take care
    John
    NHL DLBC aggressive stage 4B advanced
    diagnosed april 09
    after 8 rchop and a couple of delays, in remission
    some long term side effects to manage post treatment
    some blips and investigations on the journey but now
    22nd oct 2014 discharged no more hospital visits

we are all on a roller coaster ride, riding blind never knowing where the highs and lows are.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Marian,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you as you move away from this forum, one that you found so supportive but yet filled with the incredible, difficult, sad journey you were on witb your dearest Al. As you venture forward our hope, in time you will feel happiness and be able to tuck those sad memories away and allow the happier times shine through.

Lisa

Senior User
    I was thinking of you yesterday Marian. I hope you were surrounded by loved ones to help you through this. I wish you the best of luck and I hope the future brings you acceptance and healing.

Best wishes,

Marie

Senior User
    Our hearts and thoughts are also with you Marian.

Patti