A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Stage 4 cervical to sternum

Stage 4 cervical to sternum

There was a question that I saw on this site that prompted my registering. It looked like the person who logged it has breast cancer that spread to the sternum. You had asked if survival removal of the cancer from the sternum is an option, likelyhood our event a good choice?
    Here's what I got, I had stage 4 cervical cancer and has spread to my sternum so the extensive damage extensive pain. The doctors opted out of surgery and decided right away to start chemotherapy and radiation therapy to shrink the tumor and that works for me. Everybody's different and really all depends on what cell type of cancer you have how bad it is and whether or not they think it will spread with contact to air so. From what I understand every person is different you and your Dr have to talk about your treatment and what you want for it and what's good for you they're working to save your life and you have everything to say about it don't be afraid to ask your doctor questions you're supposed to ask all the questions you can think of right a list also Google everything every time you think of something that you want to know Google it and write it down what you find out information is key good luck to you I just wanted one more thing I'm in Louisiana and I go to Willis nighton Cancer Center La Hearne Avenue exit they're Dr are the best in their field dr. McDonald for chemo therapy dr. Rosen for radiation therapy you can't find better Dr good luck to you and I hope that your treatments get rid of your cancer like they did mine I hope this helps

debmaus2017 I moved your post to your own thread
    Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    June 24 - tumor 1/3 the original size
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto
    Aug 2018 - 4 yrs NED