A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the "dying process" reversible?

Newbie Regular User
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyLou View Post
    plz-

I'm sorry to hear that this is about your mom. I don't know if you have enough information or not, but it might help some of the members that have experience with this disease to answer your questions.

Do you know your mom's specific diagnosis or stage of cancer?
    • Where exactly has the cancer metastasized in her body?
    • How long has she had the cancer?
    • What kind of treatment has she received? Chemo? Radiation? Surgery? Targeted medicines?
    • Is she still receiving treatments?

You mentioned death and dying in your last post. Has a doctor declared her disease to be terminal? This may not have been something you heard directly, though perhaps your father thinks it would not be a good idea to share with you. You seem old enough to grasp the implications, but that will be between you and your father. Your best options might be to help out around the house, and spend time with your mom, even though she may not be fully aware of your presence.
    She was diagnosed with Breast cancer for about 6-7 years now I think, I'm not too sure. I am sure though she started chemotherapy about 2 years ago. I think it started to spread to her liver. She was still receiving treatments or at least going to the hospital about 3 times a month, but on Friday she went for a stomach surgery to get fluid removed, and hasn't been the same since. She is at the hospital right now, my dad saying that want to keep trying because chemo has apparently stopped working.

Again, have an adult family member of hers ask. You could make things worse by feeding her. You are very young and itís kind of you to want to help. But only her drs. can prescribe for her, even her food.
    His fight is over. How brave he was. 47 years of love.