A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: tough week but good outcomes.

tough week but good outcomes.

Okay, post HDR BT about a week and everything is normal. No soreness, no urination issue, actually no SEs. unfortunately, we had a family tragedy, as my first wife passed away suddenly. My wife and I went to NC to support my two daughters. They asked me to do the eulogy, which I did and it was an amazing service for our family. My daughters struggled with all of this, especially having to make the decision to discontinue life support.

In parallel to all of this my GI doc told me there were two polyps from my last colonoscopy. I am on the annual plan due to family history. Well, I couldn't get the doc to tell me the path report and with all the emotions I was convinced it was bad news. Fortunately, I was wrong, benign.

Emotions and cancer don't go well together. As to my PC, I now wait three months for the PSA. Feeling relieved and grateful. Denis
    65 YO healthy man
    PSA has been 4.1/2 for a couple years,
    PSA 5/1/17 4.6,
    Multiparametric MRI, 5/15/17 showed lesion
    13 core needle biopsy 3 cores positive 3+3 and one positive in the lesion, may be overlap
    All cores less than 30%
    8/22/17 - second opinion pathology shows a small amount of (3+4) in one core, < 5%, ordered decipher to inform next steps
    9/27/17 -Decipher test shows intermediate risk so now exploring treatment options.
    2/6/18 - completed HDR BT
    5/3/18 Post HDR BT PSA 1.3
    9/18/18 PSA 1.2
    Thanks, Denis
    "One day at a time"

Sorry for your loss Denis. Iím glad that u were able to be there for your daughters. Glad to hear all else is moving forward with your PCa. Praying this is all behind you. Best of luck, MM

Thanks, MM one day at a time. Denis
    65 YO healthy man
    PSA has been 4.1/2 for a couple years,
    PSA 5/1/17 4.6,
    Multiparametric MRI, 5/15/17 showed lesion
    13 core needle biopsy 3 cores positive 3+3 and one positive in the lesion, may be overlap
    All cores less than 30%
    8/22/17 - second opinion pathology shows a small amount of (3+4) in one core, < 5%, ordered decipher to inform next steps
    9/27/17 -Decipher test shows intermediate risk so now exploring treatment options.
    2/6/18 - completed HDR BT
    5/3/18 Post HDR BT PSA 1.3
    9/18/18 PSA 1.2
    Thanks, Denis
    "One day at a time"