A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mum Lung Metastases stage 4

Newbie Regular User
    It is lung metastases to bones, adrenal gland, nodes... the breast were from last time.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Hello again and there seems to be some misunderstandings regarding actual diagnosis for which i apologize.

I would discuss what the actual diagnosis is at this point with her doctor. Is it metastatic breast cancer or Lung Cancer. If Lung Cancer is it non small cell or small cell. This are the questions needing clarification as treatment varies greatly.

Newbie Regular User
    Iím sorry... I trying to cope best...

Mum was given chemo pill tamoxifen 20mg... the diagnosis was based on hospital discharge that I posted early... diagnosis might change I know... upon research... I believe mum was having metastatic breast cancer cell which spread to lung, right adrenal gland as well as back area bone which is a lot of lumbar or thoracic bones...

Mum was having numbness on leg and hand... appetite Low and some central head pain or giddy.

There seem to be big side effect.

Mum today vomit five time. The range of vomit is abit of liquid to more. It started yesterday vomit more frequent. On TOP of that mum was believe to have electrolyte balance - Low sodium and potassium during hospital stay. Mum lie to doctor to be discharged by saying no vomit and pain.

After discharge few weeks ago start coughing. Hospital no cough.

The thing is mum vomit. Which I worry about dehydration and nutrition. Mum no appetite and upon eating tend to vomit. Yesterday night after I fed tramadol and contispation pills with water. Mum vomit quite alot.

Newbie Regular User
    It is recurrent breast cancer cell that spread but not living in breast. Taking tamoxifen 20mg for a month along with liver Med hepatitis b barracudas, vomit Med, contispation pill and liquid with tramadol. Mum also took cholesterol and various bp pills.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    If your Mum is unable to keep down any liquids or solids, an immediate call should be made to her doctor.

I also suggest all meds be listed and gone over with her doctor to insure there are no conflicts with dosing.

I would look into protein drinks and small meals rather than large meals. She may tolerate small meals but it is important that she stays well hydrated. Anti nausea meds should be discussed with her doctor.

Stay strong, you are being a very good advocate for your Mum.

Newbie Regular User
    Nope. I cannot help much except feed medication.

Stop using tamoxifen.

Doc say it is metastatic her2-positive breast cancer.

Will start chemo iv - paclitaxel

With herceptin and pertuzumab.

Doesnít look good with this diagnosis. And the drug bad effect or danger effect to monitor. Reading abit my mum might not walk soon too.

Sorry to hear there has been further decline. My thoughts are with you both.
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    June 24 - tumor 1/3 the original size
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto
    Aug 2018 - 4 yrs NED

Newbie Regular User
    Hi Iím back.

Mum had eating less since about 2 months ago. Now mum rely on fresubin milk and Ensure life milk. 1 bottle and a packet total 2 meal replacement supplement drinks a day. Was hospitalised few week ago for a week plus due to fever and shivering.

During hospital stay had 2 silent heart Attack with aspirin but suspect to induce bleeding which cause black stool. Blood transfusions total 4 packet were given. Low hemoglobin, iron deficiency anemia. Condition stable and allow to come home. But weíre told might silent heart Attack, stroke or bleeding inside. To check for signs. 4 months later do endoscopy with above risk especially heart attack. Now mum decline food mostly with less than a full spoon. Decline meat, veg and soup. Rely on above milk supplements as replacement.

Show delirum and cannot sit up, stand on own. Need we to carry her to stand, transfer wheelchair. Pamper changing.

Newbie Regular User
    Basically, mum stop chemo since hospitalised about a month ago. Recently start showing symptoms of coughing which I believe from lung and adrenal gland pain.

Not sure how Long mum will live. Is hard to be strong.

Newbie New User
    Quote Originally Posted by sadguy83 View Post
    Hi Iím back.

Mum had eating less since about 2 months ago. Now mum rely on fresubin milk and Ensure life milk. 1 bottle and a packet total 2 meal replacement supplement drinks a day. Was hospitalised few week ago for a week plus due to fever and shivering.

During hospital stay had 2 silent heart Attack with aspirin but suspect to induce bleeding which cause black stool. Blood transfusions total 4 packet were given. Low hemoglobin, iron deficiency anemia. Condition stable and allow to come home. But weíre told might silent heart Attack, stroke or bleeding inside. To check for signs. 4 months later do endoscopy with above risk especially heart attack. Now mum decline food mostly with less than a full spoon. Decline meat, veg and soup. Rely on above milk supplements as replacement.

Show delirum and cannot sit up, stand on own. Need we to carry her to stand, transfer wheelchair. Pamper changing.
    I'm so sorry about your mom. I know you love her very much. Just know I realize that this is very hard for you now. My mom, aunt and grandmother had breast cancer. I have already had a lumpectomy and presently have about 8 microcalcifications and nodules they are watching. My mom had a radical mastectomy and went 5 years with no re-occurence but she died of congestive heart failure (had a bad heart her entire life) my aunt had breast cancer and it traveled to her brain. I do care so please post back when you can. I wish you much comfort at a time like this.