A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Diagnosed today

Senior User
    How did it go yesterday? Please update us as you're able.

Regular User
    Hey y'all! I'm sorry I've been MIA. Tomorrow is my last chemo treatment and my last day of radiation is August 8th. Treatment has been rough. I haven't been able to work. I've been in bed for most of this time. I'm so ready for it to be over. Now my fears of recovering are beginning, the main ones being vaginal stenosis as a side effect and just recurrence in general. I'm worried about going back to work. I just pray treatment worked. I don't think I could deal with this again.
    Last edited by UBLAUREN; 08-08-2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Removing info about work

Senior User
    Sorry I didnt see this sooner. First of all, congratulations on completing chemo! That was the harder treatment for me and my last day was a great, great day. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well and how horrible that your boss isn't understanding. That is not something you should have to worry about now. Stenosis is completely preventable. That said, it does remain a concern for me because I am not good at remembering to use the dilator. We could keep each other accountable. August 8th is around the corner. Best wishes as you finish up treatment!

Regular User
    Sandy, how long after treatment did you start to feel better? Today has been a week since my last chemo, but I just feel crappy all the time. My last radiation is tomorrow. Iím worried about how long itís going to take for me to feel normal again, and not being a ďsick person.Ē Especially since I need to get back to work.

Senior User
    Chemo made me feel very sick for about a week. Brachytherapy (internal rad) wrecked my digestion. I think it took a couple weeks to fully recover and then I was back to my normal self. Are you having pains? Nausea? Weakness and fatigue? When do you have to go back to work? Congratulations on finishing radiation tomorrow. That is a big deal! On my last day, we brought treats for the staff and they had me ring a bell Take a quick moment to celebrate tomorrow. I'll be with you in spirit.

Regular User
    Thank you! I canít believe Iím done. Iím still in a depressive state somewhat worrying about the cancer coming back. I had two great days of feeling well last week, but my husband got me sick so Iím feeling crappy now and have been all weekend. Treatment related side effects right now are just feeling run down and my bladder is bothering me really bad. My digestive system isnít acting great right now either. I have no appetite, but I think itís stress related.

Senior User
    I'm so sorry you got sick. Chemo suppressed my immune system for a while. And I forgot until now that my bladder was quite irritated too. I know it's hard to eat right now. As it gets easier, try to consume a lot of antioxidants and nutrients to regain your strength.

Try not to worry. Focus on healing. And celebrate- you did it friend!

Regular User
    Thank you! I get scanned November 5th, so I'm back in the waiting game.