A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Need help where or who can i go or ask

Newbie New User

Need help where or who can i go or ask

hi this is my first time to do this or ask for help in here. by the way I'm from Philippines and my mother was suffering from ovarian cancer grade 4. she underg0 chemo last year and as end result CA125 showed low counts after chemo. but as of lack of financial we weren't able to continue seeing doctor after the chemo session. but after 3 mos mothers condition get worst again and after we checked CA125 again it grown back. doctors advice is to do chemo again but this time its an outpatient procedure and all discounts of inpatients are not allowed. we are said to prvide $1,500 everymonth for the chemo. which is our problem. we can do some months but cant guarantee it coz we don't have works or business that earns $1500 every month.. I would ike to ask for help would u suggest whom I can come? we need "CAELYX 60mg" monthly which cost $1500.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    red0323

Sorry to hear of your mom and the financial struggles. This is another members thread so your welcome to create your own.

In regards to your question, consult with your mom's doctor to find out what resources may be available. I will also caution not to solicit funds from members here as that would violate our policy.

Hoping you find the help needed by consulting with her medical team.

Newbie New User
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa1962 View Post
    red0323

Sorry to hear of your mom and the financial struggles. This is another members thread so your welcome to create your own.

In regards to your question, consult with your mom's doctor to find out what resources may be available. I will also caution not to solicit funds from members here as that would violate our policy.

Hoping you find the help needed by consulting with her medical team.
    thank u lisa.. honestly I'm looking on how to do my own thread

Newbie New User
    I'm not to solicit though ask help to where I can get atleast cheaper price of the chemo med

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    We cam not advise as to where to obtain treatment medications. Reach out to the drug manufacturer as they may offer program that can help.

I have created a thread for you

Newbie New User
    Talk to the financial advisers at the hospital where your Mom is getting the chemo as they have many resources. Also talk to your doctor about your finances. It sounds strange to me that they are asking you to pay $1500/month. What are the expected results of this chemo?