A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hubby has Lung Cancer that has Most Likely Metastasized :(

Yes it sure has Petra. I'm so terribly sorry that you are fighting this battle as well, but am glad to hear that the treatment you've received is working well for you.

I suspect whatever was causing my hubby's unrelieved pain last Friday is where the slight bleed is occurring from, and since they couldn't find the cause they just masked, and covered up the pain with medication. He threw up yesterday in the vehicle on the way home yesterday, and he's already having a rough morning this morning. He started his day out by throwing up-which unfortunately isn't uncommon for him. He's been battling these gut issues for 4 years now, and all they've been able to do is treat the symptoms because they've been unable to find the cause, but with the large adrenal masses being present that might have been the cause, or at least might be exacerbating the issue now. He's also running a low grade temp of 99.3 and his O2 sats this morning are running between 93-94%-which most likely is the pneumonia, so we may very well end up back at the hospital today. I hope you continue to do well with your treatment hun. Have a wonderful day. .
    10/24/18 10:30 AM The love of my life passed away Today, and Life will never be the same again. RIP MY LOVE. I LOVE YOU FOREVER,, and MISS YOU SOOO MUCH ALREADY.

10/16/18 Hubby was Diagnosed with Epitheloid Angiosarcoma High Grade, and was doing so badly that Hospice referral was made. .

2016 My Husband DX with Stage 1 NSCLC not documented. They used Stereotactic Body Therapy (SBRT) radiation x 5 treatments. 8/24/18 Now has suspected lung Ca metastasis with Large 4+cm masses noted on each adrenal gland and 1 enlarge lymph node in the lower right lobe of his lung where the original tumor is located, plus scattered glass appearance in that area as well, and 1 enlarged lymph node under his left armpit area.

Senior User
    Hello Crackerjack,
    I should welcome you back, but then, I'm really sure that you would rather be in a different forum.
    I'm a little (or a lot) past your husband's Stage1, as I've been Stage 4 for quite a while now. I do remember all the early stage discomforts, the chemo side effects, etc., so please pass along to your husband my well wishes for his improved health. Life with cancer sucks!

Regards, zim

Thank you Zim, I will pass the info along. I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond but for some reason it's not showing that someone has replied, so I probably have something set wrong.

Yes, I had much rather be somewhere else, actually, anywhere else other than here. But since I feel like I need to be here I'm so grateful that I have all you knowledgeable folks offering your assistance. Sadly though that means most of you all are battling, or have battled this horrible disease too.

He is refusing to do chemo so they will begin immunotherapy as soon as his biopsy results come in, he gets it done next Friday. (He has to come off his blood thinners for 5 days prior to having it done). Yes Cancer sucks, and life with cancer really, really sucks. Have a Nice night Zim.
    10/24/18 10:30 AM The love of my life passed away Today, and Life will never be the same again. RIP MY LOVE. I LOVE YOU FOREVER,, and MISS YOU SOOO MUCH ALREADY.

10/16/18 Hubby was Diagnosed with Epitheloid Angiosarcoma High Grade, and was doing so badly that Hospice referral was made. .

2016 My Husband DX with Stage 1 NSCLC not documented. They used Stereotactic Body Therapy (SBRT) radiation x 5 treatments. 8/24/18 Now has suspected lung Ca metastasis with Large 4+cm masses noted on each adrenal gland and 1 enlarge lymph node in the lower right lobe of his lung where the original tumor is located, plus scattered glass appearance in that area as well, and 1 enlarged lymph node under his left armpit area.

Hubby's Lung Cancer has Metastasized, and He Just Wants to Go Fishing.

Hello All,
    Good grief what a past couple of weeks we've had around here. As I mentioned in my last thread, https://www.cancerforums.net/threads...Metastasized-( after going to ER a couple of weeks ago for an unrelated issue, my hubby found out that his lung cancer has spread...He now has 2 large tumors 1 on each adrenal gland and 2 enlarged lymph nodes, in areas other than his original lung cancer site.

He went to see his Oncologist, his radiation oncologist, his pain management doctor, and his GP all last week. He is refusing to have chemo, so the Oncologist will be starting him on Immunotherapy soon. He also has a biopsy scheduled for this coming Friday. He is very tired, feels horrible, and is rapidly losing weight at the moment, it is literally breaking my heart to see him like this. All he says he wants right now is to have the boat brought back from where we have it stored, about an hour and a half away, so he can go fishing.

Well, trying to get the boat back home has been a nightmare in itself. With his declining condition it's like the clock is ticking very fast here, and things need to be done, Now. I hired 2 guys to go up there and get it as I too am disabled, and all 4 trailer tires were dry rotted so they didn't feel safe pulling it down the highway. I found a place up there who had the size of tires we needed, at 3 x's the price they would have been here at home (approximately $400 for 4 little bitty size tires lol), purchased them over the phone, had a neighbor who lived next door to the cabin we had to sell last year because we were both too ill to even go up there, go and pick them up for me and take them over to the boat. (The wrecker service that would have been driving right past the place they were at wanted $150. to stop and pick them up on the way). Then the wrecker guy for $75.00 went over to put the tires on. After telling the wrecker service that the boat had 4 dry rotted tires on it, and we had bought new tires that needed to put on, they get over there and said, "Oh we're not equipped to put them on the rim, and left." Thankfully, the man at the boat storage place called me to tell me they had left, but the wrecker service never called, I had to call them. My thought was well, Duh, how exactly did they think they were going to get the new tires on the trailer where the old dry rotted tires were sitting, if they didn't put them on the old rims?

Anyway, I have now hired another company, that is located close to there, that is suppose to be going over there on Monday to put the new tires on the rims, and put them on the boat trailer, so hopefully we can finally get it home so my huny can go fishing on his boat. I told him things didn't go quite as planned, and the boat wouldn't be ready until Monday but didn't elaborate on all the specifics. I did tell him getting it fixed was going to be rather expensive but that's expected for the area it's located at. I told him he better not even get out there on the water, and pull in some little bitty blue gill, he better land himself a whale of a fish. I didn't tell him though that fish he lands may be all we have to eat for awhile because I've pretty much maxed out the credit cards trying to get the boat home so he can go fishing, but SHHHHH don't tell him cause he's worth it, and I'd gladly do it all 100 times over for my huny.
    Last edited by Crackerjack; 09-09-2018 at 03:51 AM.

Hi Crackerjack,
    I have merged your two threads together. This makes it easier for others to follow you instead of jumping between multiple posts. It is ok to talk about multiple topics in your thread. No worries ok? We are here to help. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    June 24 - tumor 1/3 the original size
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto
    Aug 2018 - 4 yrs NED

Senior User
    How wonderful that your husband will get to be near his boat and use it! That should give him a needed boost. I too, recently had a biopsy and then just started immunotherapy a few days ago. Cancer is so unpredictable and I really thought after good results last year this summer would be the best. I try not to complain but this summer has been nothing but tests, procedures, dr. appt's.....But, we just put one foot in front of the other and live another day to fight.
    Enjoy the boat, the water, sunshine and fresh air.
    Linda

Thank you Jodie, I appreciate it. I spent yesterday on the phone most of the day, bawling my eyes out between phone calls, and sometimes crying so hard during them that I couldn't hardly even talk knowing that none of those tears really had anything to do with getting the boat home at all. I think all the sadness, frustration, and realization has just set in. Thank you again hun and have a nice day.

Thank you Linda. I'm so sorry that you are going through all this again. How is the immunotherapy working for you so far, any side effects? Putting 1 foot in front of the other is the only way to get where we are going, and to eventually get where we need to be, while trying to remain sane along the way.

Since my husband and I both are disabled and we both have a lot of medical issues we spend a lot of time at appts., testing, etc., anyway, but this year, and especially the past couple of weeks, has been filled with them. He has had several days where he has 2 appts. on the same day, 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon.

If we ever get the boat back home, it giving him a boost is what I'm hoping for because he's really down right now, and isn't doing too good. We bought an RV 3 years ago that has never made it out of our drive way yet. He's wanting to take the RV, and the boat to someplace close and go camping and fishing, so I'm hoping we get to do just that.

I hope things with your treatment go well for you hun, please keep me posted on how you're doing.

Senior User
    Thank you for your nice post. It really, really helps having this forum to have other people who truly know the pain, uncertainty, fear, fustration (I'm sure I forgot a few more emotions) that cancer causes. It is natural for your husband to be down and lets hope he will get to see his boat soon. As for your crying, these cancer situations are so overwhelming, frightening, and I myself get so tired emotionally and physically believe me I'm crying inside. I just can't let my kids and grandkids see me upset.
    My first immunotheraphy went smoothly, two drugs then one drug every other week. I am super tired but there are worse side effects that could happen so let summer continue for a little while longer and I'll be a happy girl.
    Best wishes for you and your husband.
    Linda

Linda, I'm so glad your 1st treatment went well. From what I've read, I agree that if being tired is all that happens when hubby begins his we will be very relieved that is all the side effects he gets.

I do have a question though are you not allowed to take Tylenol when receiving Immunotherapy? I read that you couldn't take Tylenol on one of the posts on here somewhere, or is it just certain types?

The main reason I ask is hubby has 3 fusions in his neck, and fusions in his low back too, and currently takes 5 Norcos-which contain Tylenol, 60 mg of Morphine, and 30mg of Baclofen per day for his neck and back issues alone, so if they can't take Tylenol or products with it he's going to be in a mess with just neck and back pain, not counting the cancer pain.

We finally got the tires put on the boat yesterday, lol I think, at least the guy called and said they were on and they billed my credit card for doing it so keeping my fingers crossed that they are on. We are going to try to go up there tomorrow and bring the boat home ourselves since all we have to do is hook it up and go (Again I hope).

Also we've ran into a dilemma with the planned camping/boating trip for one here in KY it is dropping down to 58 at night, so we will have to pack our long underwear lol. But mainly because we have a feral momma cat, and her 3 adorable kittens, as of yesterday, has now taken up residency in the battery compartment of the RV. So we are either going to have to move them out, or have 4 more campers on our up and coming trip lol. Lordy, Lordy, we really so do not need this right now, but the way things have been going I'd expect nothing less than something else to deal with.

I hope things continue to go well for you with your treatment, please keep me posted on how you are doing. Have a wonderful Night hun, and best of luck to you!!
    Last edited by Crackerjack; 09-12-2018 at 01:07 AM.