A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hubby has Lung Cancer that has Most Likely Metastasized :(

Hi Linda33 Thank you hun.

Unfortunately, he never got to start the immunotherapy because by the time they finally figure out what it was, because it is so rare (Just a little of 500 cases from what I've read), they had a lot of trouble narrowing down which Sarcoma was causing his rapidly declining condition, by that time they said that it had already advanced too far for there to be any treatment options available. We knew here that whatever it was it was Bad, and It was very Aggressive. Sadly, He got the Definitive Diagnoses of Epithelioid Angiosarcoma, and The Hospice referral both on the same day which was October 16, 2018.

Yes, I suspect a boating/fishing trip was the first thing they did when he arrived in Heaven because that's all he talked about his last few weeks, and it just breaks my heart that I wasn't personally able to take him on that final fishing trip.
    10/24/18 10:30 AM The love of my life passed away Today, and Life will never be the same again. RIP MY LOVE. I LOVE YOU FOREVER,, and MISS YOU SOOO MUCH ALREADY.

10/16/18 Hubby was Diagnosed with Epitheloid Angiosarcoma High Grade, and was doing so badly that Hospice referral was made. .

2016 My Husband DX with Stage 1 NSCLC not documented. They used Stereotactic Body Therapy (SBRT) radiation x 5 treatments. 8/24/18 Now has suspected lung Ca metastasis with Large 4+cm masses noted on each adrenal gland and 1 enlarge lymph node in the lower right lobe of his lung where the original tumor is located, plus scattered glass appearance in that area as well, and 1 enlarged lymph node under his left armpit area.

I'm so sorry...what a cruel disease. I hope you're not alone now.
    Petra
    Oct 15 diagnosed NSCLC stage IV , Mets in lymph nodes,
    Chemo 6 months, Tumour didn't grow but lymph nodes
    New Chemo 4 months, not working, new spot 4mm in Liver
    Aug 16, start Opdivo ,immune therapy
    CT Nov 16 , Tumor shrank, Lymph nodes shrank
    CT Jan 17, Tumor all the same, Lymph nodes on Neck and under arm back to normal, in Lung and Chest a bit smaller
    July 17, 2x3 cm Brain Tumor found, removed in Surgery, now radiation on spot,still on Nivu
    August 18, all still same, living life every day
    Fingers crossed

Thank you lisa1962, and jorola for your thoughts and prayers they are so appreciated.

LLC (LINDA) Hello dear good to hear from you again. I love what your posted, that is beautiful. Thank you so much for being there for me the past few weeks when things here were getting so bad. Your friendship and compassion has meant so much to me, and it was nice to have a friend to talk to, and a shoulder to cry on. Please keep me posted on what you find out too.

Hello Petra- Thank you hun. Yes, it is a very cruel disease and a very aggressive disease that rips the ones we love out of our hands at rapid speed, or at least that's the way it occurred here. We both knew he was sooooo sick and that if something didn't get done soon that there wouldn't be time enough left in the near future. We saw how fast his health was deteriorating on a daily basis, and it was sooo heartbreaking to see that with every brick wall we hit looking for answers/treatments etc., that that too would cause him to give up more hope, and deteriorate even further.

Yes, I am alone now except for our fur babies, one of which was "Daddy's Boy" and made every step my hubby made. That poor baby has searched this house a dozen times looking for his daddy. After he searches all the rooms, he will get up on his hind legs, and look in the beds to see if he is in there, (and when he doesn't find him there, he will start the process all over again), so I'm trying to give him a lot of extra attention to try to make him not miss his dad so much.

It was just myself and my hubby here when my hubby passed. I had my hubby a hospital bed set up in the living room in front of the TV, and I moved to the couch beside him. The people came, and got that bed just today, so the dog is even more confused and sad because he now doesn't have that bed to look in-which was the last place he saw his daddy.

Thank you all again. You All are in my prayers too.
    10/24/18 10:30 AM The love of my life passed away Today, and Life will never be the same again. RIP MY LOVE. I LOVE YOU FOREVER,, and MISS YOU SOOO MUCH ALREADY.

10/16/18 Hubby was Diagnosed with Epitheloid Angiosarcoma High Grade, and was doing so badly that Hospice referral was made. .

2016 My Husband DX with Stage 1 NSCLC not documented. They used Stereotactic Body Therapy (SBRT) radiation x 5 treatments. 8/24/18 Now has suspected lung Ca metastasis with Large 4+cm masses noted on each adrenal gland and 1 enlarge lymph node in the lower right lobe of his lung where the original tumor is located, plus scattered glass appearance in that area as well, and 1 enlarged lymph node under his left armpit area.

Experienced User
    Oh Crackerjack, my heart sank when I read about the dog searching for your husband and checking the beds. How unfair. We went through the same with our dog. I've been thinking about you the last few days and my heart hurts for you and what you are going through. Please try not to beat yourself up over the fishing trip. You spent every moment with him and in the end that's all that matters. Big hugs and I really hope you and have friend and family to look after you.
    Linda xxx

Thinking of you!!
    Oct 15 diagnosed NSCLC stage IV , Mets in lymph nodes,
    Chemo 6 months, Tumour didn't grow but lymph nodes
    New Chemo 4 months, not working, new spot 4mm in Liver
    Aug 16, start Opdivo ,immune therapy
    CT Nov 16 , Tumor shrank, Lymph nodes shrank
    CT Jan 17, Tumor all the same, Lymph nodes on Neck and under arm back to normal, in Lung and Chest a bit smaller
    July 17, 2x3 cm Brain Tumor found, removed in Surgery, now radiation on spot,still on Nivu
    August 18, all still same, living life every day
    Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Linda33 View Post
    Oh Crackerjack, my heart sank when I read about the dog searching for your husband and checking the beds. How unfair. We went through the same with our dog. I've been thinking about you the last few days and my heart hurts for you and what you are going through. Please try not to beat yourself up over the fishing trip. You spent every moment with him and in the end that's all that matters. Big hugs and I really hope you and have friend and family to look after you.
    Linda xxx
    Thank you Linda. Yes it is very unfair yet goes to show that our fur babies love us as much as we love them, and in the end they too will grieve the loss.

As far as the fishing trip, it's still hard not to beat myself up over not being able to make it happen for him. Just as with the disease, diagnoses, etc. it seemed that getting our boat back home for the last time-(finding someone to haul it, getting new tires placed on it, getting it cleaned up, gassed up and started, and then out on the water to take my dear hubby on that final fishing trip that he so desperately wanted to take was also met with hitting even more brick walls at every turn).

As the clock quickly ticked on, my main concern of course was for taking care of HIM, his well being, his pain control, and doing everything I could to try to keep him alive-get answers, fight for treatments, and keeping him comfortable, and pain free while trying to take the best care of the man I love that I possibly could.

I also tried everything I could do to try to get everything done to make that fishing trip that he requested happen for him. During this time his condition was the entire time still rapidly declining, and even if the boat was to have made it home, I'm not sure that he would have at that point been physically able to have gone fishing on it anyway because he had already declined so far, so fast, but I still wanted/needed to do everything I could to try to make that final fishing trip happen. But, sadly, try as I may, just like trying to save the life of the man I love, I couldn't make either of those happen, but neither was from lack of trying, and trying, and trying. Hugs to you too hun.

@Pet1968 Thank you Hun.