A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blincyto (Blinatumomab)

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Moffitt has some great hematologists on staff. Perhaps they saw a response - just not as good as hoped for, so a second cycle will keep things under control until the next med is started. This is a situation in which you will need to sit down with the doctor and discuss the best options. CAR-T is certainly promising.
    Last edited by po18guy; 11-04-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Newbie New User
    Everything I have read about car tcell is very promising, but it would help to know what his first treatment consisted of. If we know what has been tried and failed already it lets us know whats left on the table.

Regular User
    James' first treatment was HYPER CVAD. He did not reach remission after the first two cycles so he finished 4 cycles of A and four cycles of B. One month later, he received a bone marrow transplant, with his brother as a donor.

18 months later, he relapsed and Sprycel was prescribed. Might I mention, he relapsed with leukemia on the bone. Radiation and Sprycel was prescribed. Remission (zeros on BCR ABL test) for four months. Increased Sprycel dosage for two months then switched to new TKI (Tasigna) While on Tasigna, he was never at zeros on the BCR ABL test but it kept it manageable at 2600-3800 June of this year, his TKI changed to Iclusig however an extreme drop in BCR ABL within a month, he quickly rose again and Blincyto was recommended. After one cycle, and still 50% leukemia in the marrow, this is where we are now. Waiting until the 13th, for the next plan.

I wish you much success with your treatment. Please let me know if you would like any more information.

Regular User
    Blincyto cycle 2 started today at 9:30am. Started of at the increased dose and so far so good. The plan is to reduce the leukemia in his marrow with the second cycle and apply for CAR T. Bone marrow biopsy to follow second cycle.

Newbie New User
    Quote Originally Posted by abeucher View Post
    Blincyto cycle 2 started today at 9:30am. Started of at the increased dose and so far so good. The plan is to reduce the leukemia in his marrow with the second cycle and apply for CAR T. Bone marrow biopsy to follow second cycle.
    I'm pretty interested in how the car t goes. its sounds very promising.