A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Finally free

Finally free

Hello all,

I havenít posted on here in quite some time. My beautiful, 56 year old Dad, passed away almost two weeks ago, from complications of his glioblastoma. In October, his MRI showed another tumor, and his NO recommended trying Avastin as a last effort. Well, my Dad did one infusion and developed two pulmonary embolisms. At least he went relatively fast. I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for answering my questions for the last two years. My familyís navigation through this cancer was made easier by this forum. Even if I didnít post, simply reading othersí posts helped me feel like my family was not alone in this fight. My familyís fight is not done yet, as my cousin is now just beginning her fight with Astrocytoma. Again, thanks to everyone on this forum. You are all simply amazing.

Newbie New User
    Many hugs and infinite well wishes for you and your family ❤️

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    May he enjoy eternal rest and may his loved ones be consoled in this, their time of sorrow.

Super Moderator Top User
    May his memory be eternal
    Nikos

Glioblastoma IV, frontal lobe - Dx March 2011. Treated with standard Stupp protocol
    Recurrence August 2016 (at 5 years PFS). Surgery August 2016, rechallenge with TMZ with immunotheraphy (nivolumab)

Senior User
    I am so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. May you and your family discover some degree of peace as you journey through your grief.

May he rest in peace, and you find peace in knowing he is no longer suffering.
    Hubby with inoperable brainstem glioma. Dx- 8/30/2016. Finished radiation- 10/28/2016. started temodar 5/20/2017- didn't tolerate it. started avastin 6/24/17. Tumor growth (Glioblastoma) avastin stopped 9/22/2017. Hospice started 9/28/2017. Went to heaven- 3/4/2018

Thank you all so much for your kind words. 💜