A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Car t

Moderator Top User
    Lets hope it it follows the standard transplant trajectory in so much as once the corner is turned the pace of recovery increases, I guess the are a few things holding him back from escaping and whilst it must be frustrating, think about the long game and the reward at the end

John
    NHL DLBC aggressive stage 4B advanced
    diagnosed april 09
    after 8 rchop and a couple of delays, in remission
    some long term side effects to manage post treatment
    some blips and investigations on the journey but now
    22nd oct 2014 discharged no more hospital visits

we are all on a roller coaster ride, riding blind never knowing where the highs and lows are.

Regular User
    Day 14

Zuma Zuma Zuma - We are home! Today James' Co2 level was 38 so they wanted to do a ABG test just to check and see if it was something other then not enough hydration. Once we got the results, James received fluids and we got the ok to go home. James has been asking everyday, and I know they would've liked to monitor him a few more days, the like to give the patient what they want if its safe. For now, we'll go back every morning for four days to check labs. He does need oxygen at home, and a walker. Walking is still difficult and his neurotoxicity is still quite noticeable. It's been a long road, and I know there's still a long way to go, but I am so thankful to have him home.

For now, I will only update if there are changes or to update on biopsies. If you would like any info from me (labs etc), please post. I am happy to satisfy curious minds.

WBC 1.46
    Hgb 9.7
    Platelets 70
    ANC 750
    Ferritin 736
    C Reactive .28

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Home is where the heart (and healing) is.

Moderator Top User
    thats great news and thanks for sharing, fingers crossed the improvements continue and the toxicity continues to reduce, now your focus is caring and helping with his rehab,

best wishes to you both on that front
    John
    diagnosed april 09

we are all on a roller coaster ride, riding blind never knowing where the highs and lows are.

Regular User
    Day 17

Back too soon - This morning James had a check up. Everything looked really good. He continues to have mild toxicity and relies on oxygen to keep him above 92. He just finished high fiving his doctor and he had a mini stroke. It lasted just a few minutes and he was back to normal. They are running test tonight to determine exactly what happened but his left side of his face drooped and he could not smile or speak when asked to. His left hand was completely numb. His dr put him back on steroids (8 per day) and they are making adjustments to his anti seizure medicine.

James lost 10lbs since Saturday so I'm not sure if that contributed. He did receive fluids before this happened. Anyway, he's doing ok now, they are just keeping him for additional test and observation.

WBC 1.64
    Hgb 10.5
    Platelets 76
    ANC 640
    Ferritin 705
    C Reactive .13

Regular User
    Day 20

After spending a few days in the hospital, James is back home. Tuesday he had some seizure activity but they did a carotid check, a lumbar puncture and another eeg. All checked out ok so they are not sure what caused the two episodes. He is back off the steroids and back on keppra and vinpat. His check up today was good however his ANC dropped so he received neupogen. He is getting stronger and we've reduced the oxygen. He seems to be doing well.

We're looking forward to him getting stronger and getting off the oxygen. Our youngest coaches high school baseball and James wanted to go to his game but I had to be the bad guy and veto it for now. There are plenty of games in the season, its best we wait for now. : )

WBC 1.02
    HGB 10.7
    Platelets 91
    ANC 200

Moderator Top User
    I was wondering how things were and missed the previous post, fingers crossed its a blip and he is back on the road to recovery and he is soon able to start rehab and build his strength and take back control.

John
    diagnosed april 09