A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Regular User
    Since youíve been kind enough to converse with me, Iíll ask you: would you? Even with all the symptoms that say otherwise, including my somewhat oily green stool that started? Iím honestly asking.

Moderator Top User
    Yes, sometimes the are anomalies and no answers and you have a choice do you feed the anxiety or do you start to live and move on, at present you are focused on what you have read and not what your doctors are advising, hence my advice to go back to Jorola's post.

This is a site that supports cancer patients, we have offered support even though you do not have cancer at this time and may never, so I am not sure what else we can do or say, I understand you want to seek answers and have other health issues but the is no more we can tell you as we have said we are not medically trained. I really do hope you get peace of mind but its not going to be found here.
    NHL DLBC aggressive stage 4B advanced
    diagnosed april 09
    after 8 rchop and a couple of delays, in remission
    some long term side effects to manage post treatment
    some blips and investigations on the journey but now
    22nd oct 2014 discharged no more hospital visits

we are all on a roller coaster ride, riding blind never knowing where the highs and lows are.

Regular User
    I appreciate the direct honesty and respect it. Youíre built different than I. Iím trying to gauge my anxiety and rationalization. Iím trying to learn. Your point is well made that I run the risk of perpetually needing one more test. I realize youíre not a doctor, but youíre a person. If it were any other cancer Iíd be more open to the idea of letting it go. If I take the doctors at their word I wouldnít even be seeking the MRI. Is that how you would play this? Are you saying (in your opinion), thatís the way youíd go?

Regular User

Pancreatic protocol

How does one go about getting a ct with pancreatic protocol? The imaging centers here are ignorant of such a process. Is this only done at cancer centers or university hospitals?

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    I have merged your threads within one thread as creating multiple threads along the same type of questioning does not provide our members with possible valuable information in order to accurately respond. Further, creating multiple threads does push other threads down the page so for that reason, your two threads have been merged.

Now onto your most recent question, I do not know of any place that will order such protocol unless there is a suspicion. Your doctors so far, has ruled out cancer yet you have convinced yourself otherwise.

As others have stated, we have been respectful and have answered your questions thus far to the best of our abilities. If you have not done so, please read the sticky at the top of this Worried forum.

We understand how worried you are but at this point, fear and anxiety has taken hold which is difficult to shake so please do address all your concerns with your physician.

Lisa

Regular User
    They have not ruled out cancer. And you answered my question, so thank you.

Newbie New User
    Hi, Chris:

I am also worrying my case now with the constant increased pc symptoms, though the tests are clear at this moment. How are you doing lately? Did you get a diagnosis?

Thanks,
    song

Senior User
    Hello Song,

I believe you can find BigChris's latest post dated March 17, 2019 in this thread:
    Pain in right stomach (Under rib cage) back after two years

I have copied it for you below.

" Originally Posted by Km017
    Am i being a hypochondriac if I go back to dr with similar issues as i did 2 years ago?

No, you’re being a hypochondriac and have health anxiety because you’re googling symptoms and worrying about cancer. This is coming from someone who’s battling this himself. I’ll spare you the details, but I’ve got a case built in my own head for cancer that’s “air tight”. I may have cancer, or at least be at risk, and it has destroyed my life. Not because I may have cancer; rather it’s because I’ve allowed it to consume me for over two months now. I’ve lost two months of my life with no diagnosis. The people on this site who answer the likes of you and I put us to shame. “Big Chris” was a real big, tough guy until he had to realize he’s mortal. I am weak and soft. Let it go, and stay off the google. Go to the doctor, tell them your symptoms, and let it play out. Otherwise you’ll end up like me. So far down a hole of your own making you can’t see a way out. It’s lonely down here. Stay away. "

I hope this can help you.

PBL

Regular User
    Quote Originally Posted by song8899 View Post
    Hi, Chris:

I am also worrying my case now with the constant increased pc symptoms, though the tests are clear at this moment. How are you doing lately? Did you get a diagnosis?

Thanks,
    song
    Hey song,
    Iím a perfect example of how bad one can get inside their own head. BigChris was convinced he had cancer. It was a lock. After all, Iím the smartest guy in the room. The details arenít important, just know I built a case that was better than any other Iíve heard. I had papers from NIH, Harvard Medicine, and The American Cancer Society. I had no history of medical paranoia prior to this. I do, however, have a history of OCD. I had ďharnessedĒ it and used it to be successful in business. But it was set free with the health issues. My mess started with a blood clot, then another while on thinners. So I was switched to injections. Hereís the short of it: the oncologist finally told me he was done looking, and while at one point it was iffy, he was relatively confident there was no cancer. He then suggested I get psychiatric help. My wife said the same thing. So I did. After a few weeks I began to see things more clear. Then, thankfully insurance pulled a fast one and I had no thinner injections for 3 days. In that time every symptom of a gastric nature I had improved. I am now an admitted OCD and anxiety patient, in therapy, on meds and all that. Itís a tough pill. But cancer was all in my head. While not to the same extreme, I see much of the same anxiety in the posts on this sub forum. Iím ashamed when I see what others have legitimately gone through. I was mostly inflicting my own wounds. Coming to terms with that is difficult for me.

Take an honest look at the whole picture. Google is a medical monster, that can destroy and eat your life. Anxiety is rampant in this culture. We take a few pieces of info and some search results and off we go. Clear scans, negative test results, should help us but instead we allow them to fuel the anxiety with our ďwhat if they missed itĒ mentality. Itís no way to live, and I didnít live, for months. I essentially ďdiedĒ and wasted those months. Iím in fine physical health to answer your question. It turned out to be mostly side effects of meds. But the real ďsymptomsĒ were what I did with those side effects. Donít be like me in any way. Be thankful if youíve had clear scans, negative blood work or doctor exams that turned up nothing. There are way too many possibilities for us to jump and fixate on cancer, and your life is too precious to waste it worrying.

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Christ, thank you for reporting back! Your thread should serve an an example to others about how utterly real both the symptoms and the beliefs they produce can be. As to a lack of health anxiety history, anxiety itself points to a disordered or poorly controlled cognitive process. By analogy, once the rope on the tetherball is cut, that ball can bounce in any direction it cares to. And, so also can it be with our thought processes. The health anxiety was quite possibly only a new direction for thoughts that were disordered or misdirected. It is utterly amazing how much power the mind can have over the body. You are well on the road to both healthy mind as well as healthy body.