A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fighting lymphoma for 40 years

Senior User
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL View Post
    No wonder you felt short of breath!
    From what you write, I get the impression that you were given a very general account of last week's CT results, and that you got access to the actual report only mid-week, without having spoken with your hematologist… I hope I get it wrong, and that s/he has an appropriate treatment plan for you very soon. Do you have a date for biopsy results?
    The preliminary results was FL, but they found areas with large cells, high grade. The doc said it started transformation although not finished, but we treat it as transformed, we do R, cyclophosphamide, etoposite, vincristin and prednisone. As I understand, the transformed cells would replace all slow growing cells due to different replicating rates, so when it happens then it's fully transformed.

Senior User
    Hello Fighterm,
    I hope the draining brought you some relief.
    From the little I've read, the regimen you indicate is as efficacious as R-CHOP, with reduced cardiac toxicity. When do you start treatment?

Senior User
    Hello Fighterm,
    I hope the draining brought you some relief.
    From the little I've read, the regimen you indicate is as efficacious as R-CHOP, with reduced cardiac toxicity. When do you start treatment?
    It's my second transformation. I had doxorubicin 27 years ago in chop, they say that's it. No more H in any other protocol. IV Zofran did some magic for me, nausea was stopped right away. I feel not bad, I breath easily now.

Senior User
    Quote Originally Posted by Defens View Post
    Is Zevalin an option for you? It is a one dose treatment that can be very effective.
    The scary thing is it's the second transformation so Zevalin might be another line of therapy if this one fails. I don't even know if it's available in my province.

Senior User
    Zevalin is approved in Canada, and a public announcement in September 2018 (https://www.newswire.ca/fr/news-releases/servier-canada-announces-the-availability-of-zevalin-the-only-single-course-chemo-free-treatment-regimen-for-the-treatment-of-relapsed-or-refractory-indolent-b-cell-non-hodgkins-lymphoma-692939691.html) states that it is made available by Servier Canada.
    I do not know the detail for each province, of course… I guess you'll have to cross that bridge if and when you have to - for now, here's hoping for full success with your current regimen!
    PBL

Senior User
    Zevalin is approved in Canada, and a public announcement in September 2018 (https://www.newswire.ca/fr/news-releases/servier-canada-announces-the-availability-of-zevalin-the-only-single-course-chemo-free-treatment-regimen-for-the-treatment-of-relapsed-or-refractory-indolent-b-cell-non-hodgkins-lymphoma-692939691.html) states that it is made available by Servier Canada.
    I do not know the detail for each province, of course… I guess you'll have to cross that bridge if and when you have to - for now, here's hoping for full success with your current regimen!
    PBL
    Thanks for the good news about Zevalin. I am taking my protocol very well. Maybe it's because I am in my first week of the first cycle. One small palpable node under my jaw is gone.
    My tumor is not fully Follicular now. It's partially transformed. Does Zevalin work on transformed parts?

Senior User
    Here [http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/dat...699/0659.html] is an example of Zevalin being covered by an insurance company for the treatment of transformed follicular lymphoma - so I believe we can safely assume that its efficiency is well-documented.

Senior User
    It's good to have spare lines of therapy. My doc thinks that I already used several of them, so she was very careful not to give me any reassurance.