A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CHOP Experience, to an auto SCT for AITL / PTCL

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Still, your lungs are being judged on the basis of what is essentially a high-tech photograph. "Slightly hypermetabolic" may only mean that it is an area of healing - which also has elevated SUV numbers as compared with surrounding tissue. My hematologist thinks that radiologists are alarmists - seeing trouble everywhere, when lung nodules have only been a problem since we developed imaging that could see them for the first time. Grandpa had them, but never worried about them, since there was no way of knowing that he had them, if you catch my drift.

We've all heard of too much information (TMI), and radiology reports are often TMI. If you do not exactly resemble that perfect human depicted in the wall chart in the doctor's office, the radiologists must note that fact in ominous-sounding terminology. Not good for the patient's peace of mind. I would call doctor for clarification on his/her thoughts and the plan for those nodules.

Moderator Top User
    Quote Originally Posted by jwessel View Post
    Perfect! Thanks!
    your welcome
    NHL DLBC aggressive stage 4B advanced
    diagnosed april 09
    after 8 rchop and a couple of delays, in remission
    some long term side effects to manage post treatment
    some blips and investigations on the journey but now
    22nd oct 2014 discharged no more hospital visits

we are all on a roller coaster ride, riding blind never knowing where the highs and lows are.

Regular User
    po18guy, Thanks, good advice to keep in mind. Definitely need to get that answered. Hopefully the surgical plan is low impact and quick.

Senior User
    My brother also had lung nodules that they followed, but eventually resolved themselves. My concern for you now is your remission in regards for timing of auto. I don't remember why, but there was some last minute delay for my brother's auto transplant, which we feel gave time for the cancer to start growing back and possibly causing the transplant to fail. The doctors never said this is why it failed - it was only our theory. But the doctor he had at the time never admitted wrongdoing in any care he gave. And there was a lot wrong. So you are right to be concerned about that and to ask questions.