A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My dad he finished the battle with Pancreatic Cancer

Newbie New User
    I couldn't stay with my dad's body, as cachexia is not pretty. I almost described some stuff in detail, but I don't think I can quite do that. I'm sorry. Maybe I'll edit this later.

I just now saw this thread.

I wish your Dad eternal peace.

As an Engineer, I know all too well the difficulties in that Chilean rescue.

The fact that you spoke more highly of your father's abilities as a Dad than the Chilean rescue speaks volumes to your Dad's character.

I can't think of more beautiful tribute that a child could write to their father.

I was with my husband too. As upset as I was, I feel blessed to watch his suffering end. God bless you all.
    His fight is over. How brave he was. 47 years of love.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinWreck View Post
    I just now saw this thread.

I wish your Dad eternal peace.

As an Engineer, I know all too well the difficulties in that Chilean rescue.

The fact that you spoke more highly of your father's abilities as a Dad than the Chilean rescue speaks volumes to your Dad's character.

I can't think of more beautiful tribute that a child could write to their father.
    Thank you my friend, very much. I know he is in eternal peace; but I miss him so incredibly much. He was a great man, but an even greater father and husband to my mother.
    4/2016 - 55 yo father diagnosed with Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Cancer, CA 19-9 102
    5/2016-11/2016 - father does 12 rounds of folfirinox, 70% tumor shrinkage, undergoes SBRT scheduled for resection 1/2017
    1/2017- Preoperative laparoscopic investigation shows mets to peritoneum, whipple canceled.
    2/2017 - Maintenance Xeloda for 3 months
    6/2017 - Pet scan shows no active cancer, chemo holiday
    8/2017 - Dad enrolls at Clinical Trial at Johns Hopkins starting in January.
    1/2018- Dad begins 8 weeks of transfusions at Johns Hopkins immunotherapy clinical trial
    3/2018- Dad scan shows stable disease w/o change
    5/2018- Dad scan shows stable disease w/o change
    8/2018- Dad scan shows stable disease without change but elevated liver numbers

Quote Originally Posted by kogoeruyoru View Post
    I couldn't stay with my dad's body, as cachexia is not pretty. I almost described some stuff in detail, but I don't think I can quite do that. I'm sorry. Maybe I'll edit this later.
    That's okay my friend, I know what it does. My father had cachexia as well; and it while it withered his body he was always noble and regal to me even as he passed.
    4/2016 - 55 yo father diagnosed with Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Cancer, CA 19-9 102
    5/2016-11/2016 - father does 12 rounds of folfirinox, 70% tumor shrinkage, undergoes SBRT scheduled for resection 1/2017
    1/2017- Preoperative laparoscopic investigation shows mets to peritoneum, whipple canceled.
    2/2017 - Maintenance Xeloda for 3 months
    6/2017 - Pet scan shows no active cancer, chemo holiday
    8/2017 - Dad enrolls at Clinical Trial at Johns Hopkins starting in January.
    1/2018- Dad begins 8 weeks of transfusions at Johns Hopkins immunotherapy clinical trial
    3/2018- Dad scan shows stable disease w/o change
    5/2018- Dad scan shows stable disease w/o change
    8/2018- Dad scan shows stable disease without change but elevated liver numbers

Senior User
    God bless your dad, you and your family. He sounds like a remarkable man! May be rest in peace.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    53 yrs old
    3/8/18 went to ER w/what i thought to be gall bladder issues...CT and MRI found 1.5 cm spot on body/neck of pancreas
    Followed up with EUS No mets/contained
    3/18 started 4 cycles of Gem/Abrax
    5/18 CT scan showed tumor shrinkage .97cm
    7/18 Pre surgery CT scan shows slight tumor growth (1.2cm) could be necrosis.
    8/3/18 distal pancreatomy/splenectomy-open procedure. No mets, 1 lymph node involvement.(distant) Staged 2B
    9/18 CA19 33 NORMAL
    10/10/18 Starting 3 mos Folfirinox adjuvant therapy.
    5/19 CT scan shows enlarged lymph node at surgical site. EUS biopsy determines cancer. Local and contained.
    6/19 Begin radiation. View Ray MRI 5 day regimen.
    8/19 CA19-9 down! no signs of lymph node!!!
    10/2 3 weeks of abdominal/right side pain. CT scan shows small (1mm) soft tissue nodule suspect for Peritoneal Mestastasis. CA 19- way up (1010)