A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Insurance Forcing Me to Change Doctors?

Newbie New User

Insurance Forcing Me to Change Doctors?

Wasn't sure where to post this, also I'm new here.

Basically, the insurance company I have is forcing me to change doctors. I already have a great doctor that I like going to but apparently she's no longer accepting them. What confuses me is on the recent medical card they sent out, she's still my Primary Care Physician.

The thing is, I'm not sure if changing insurance companies is even an option for me. I'm on Medicaid due to making low income from a part-time job and had to choose a company Medicaid provided. But now, I can't even set up my physical for this year. Add to the frustration that they refuse to bump me up to full-time employment...but that's not why I'm here.

I am frustrated and confused. Why should I have to travel to another suburb or town when there's a local office I know how to get to? Why should I go to a doctor I've never met for a routine physical exam? At this point, I don't even know IF changing insurance companies is an option for me. I have very little time to figure this out. I'm only in my 20s and even with my family trying to help, I have no idea what to do here. It's times like this I realize why half or more of the US Population is uninsured.

Absolutely any suggestions or advice would be welcome.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    This is a cancer forum for those diagnosed, for caregivers and loved ones. You make no mention of cancer only that you seek guidance about your insurance?

Talk to your insurance company.